Girlfriend

jonniey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I wish I could get a girlfriend from the UK.....but it will always just be a wish.... because I live in South West Africa.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I wish I could get a girlfriend from the UK.....but it will always just be a wish.... because I live in South West Africa.

Hi, you could try and find one in your own area, I'm sure there must be some nice single ladies around. Good luck :)

jonniey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
In South West Africa girls don't like Boyz girls like cars and money so iv never had a girlfriend in my life..... don't believe I'll get one in this lifetime.

jonniey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone I'm 33 turning 34 this year and never had a girlfriend.....woman are so difficult to get. What am I doing wrong?? Any advice

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Trying too hard!! I am sure you will find that women are not so difficult to 'get' if you stop trying so hard

jonniey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Maybe I'm just not doing the right things..... I never approach girls because I don't like the rejection. Seems like every guy gets a girl except me

KBev

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Basically pretend you're not interested, but be quietly kind and hilarious

kimrooney89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liars
Every woman will like different traits in a man, just like you'll have different things you like about women compared to your friends.
There's never any harm in striking up a conversation with someone to see if you do genuinely like them, as opposed to just thinking they look good...
Be yourself, join in the conversation, ask her things about herself (her job + interests) and a bit humour

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)

Sorry I couldn't help but say that

I met Mrs Cumbs on a trip to Blackpool with the lads

I was lucky

For both of us it was love at first sight

Don't worry you are still a young pup and love could come your way when you least expect it

jonniey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes woman in Africa just go for the guys with cars and money.....and I'm a poor guy

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
It can not be all women... even if you re poor you can get out and do things....Go for a walk in the park... enjoy your life instead of wasting it grumbling you have no girlfriend.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiya

Is there anyway you can use the internet to start a friendship with a girl? Or in real life try just chatting in general with a girl? Are there are women that you work with that you could build up a friendship with?

Internet dating can also help, but as I dont know your finances I dont know if that is an option.

I think if you look at every girl as a possible partner it may fail. It also sounds as though you have a few confidence issues yourself. Do you have any male friends you could speak with so you build your confidence in speaking to a young lady? But be mindful that you need to speak to a variety of young men so not as to pick up their bad habits.

When my marriage broke down I felt that I wouldnt find anyone else but I found myself speaking to people over the internet and eventually met my hubby. We have been together for 13 years, married for 10. I didnt expect anything of the friendship I was building with him but obviously fate had other things in mind.

I wish you well

Reactions: jay hay-char

jonniey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have no confidence or self esteem never did never will..... type 1 diabetes also is no help at all it just keeps me looking almost like a skeleton.....I stopped approaching girls year's ago.... So I just stare and wish and cry inside, well that's the state I'm in for years now also I never go to clubs or hang out with friends. My years have been work and home and this year looks the same so I really don't see me getting a girlfriend anytime soon, I'm cursed I guess.

Last edited:

KBev

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You're in a catch 22 situation right now. Being down in dumps and pessimistic isn't attractive to others, unless they're already your friends/family/partner and then they have to put up with it. Hows about you look to addressing what's wrong in ways you can change? I can hardly speak as thin as rake, but try to inject the right amount at right time, focus on eating really well. If your job makes you unhappy, look to change it. Spend time doing things you love, either with friends or by yourself. Have you had any counselling? No harm in doing that! Get yourself out into the world. If you can afford it, take a holiday by yourself somewhere awesome. Build yourself up, make yourself as happy as you can, and I'll almost guarantee you'll meet someone. Internet is a great way to build conversational skills, etc etc. But face to face interactions remind us of our strengths and faults in a truer way. Try to only acknowledge positive things today/tomorrow (depending on your time zone!), try to disregard anything negative thoughts that sneak up on you.

KBev

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hoping you're okay, and keep on asking for support and advice! Shout if you need!