Head pain is UNBEARABLE!!!! OUCH.

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I actually can't afford to go see a doctor. So I'll just try and get my sugar down and hope and pray the pain goes away completely....
Sorry you can't afford a doctor. Luckily, you can put some of these health issues right yourself, without a doctor, cost free. I don't say that lightly, I know that addiction is addiction.
Re-read all the above posts on the steps you can take. Ask again if you are unsure about any aspect. Keep asking and people on the forum will help you.
I guess participation helps all of us, it's not one-sided.

Reactions: Freema

jonniey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
But I definitely can't have a tumor as someone suggested, I know its high blood sugar related, I think I'm dehydrated most of the time aswell......it's only thing I'm wondering is can high blood sugar cause brain tissue damage?

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
just a thought... if you stop drinking the beer and cola perhaps you might be able to afford an appointment with the doctor?

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
But I definitely can't have a tumor as someone suggested, I know its high blood sugar related, I think I'm dehydrated most of the time aswell......it's only thing I'm wondering is can high blood sugar cause brain tissue damage?
Constant high blood sugar is damaging: you already know that.
Having high blood sugar will make you dehydrated. It can make you stressed and can give you a headache.
Are you drinking water?

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Coffein from the cola and dehydration from the alcohol and all over malnutrition and too little protein too You can only change that yourself No doctor can fix that

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
You've had tons of advice now - time to act on it. There's no point in asking the same questions about head pain, you will somehow need to see a doctor for a proper assessment. We can't diagnose you.
Sort out your drinking and drop the caffeinated coke, up your water intake.
I'm sure we'd all like to hear how you get on.

Reactions: Jaylee
D

Deleted member 308541

I actually can't afford to go see a doctor.
This is unreal, you say you cannot afford to see a Doctor but you can spend / waste money on booze and soft drink.

You need to prioritise your life, or suffer the consequences of your actions which as you are finding out is very painful.

jonniey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Which two questions did I ask that were the same?.....I don't recall asking the exact same question twice read my questions carefully..... also I'm trying to find out if there is someone who is in my exact situation.

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
I did read carefully - you have been repeatedly asking questions about head pain, while telling us you drink three litres of beer daily, loads of caffeine and no water.
Just for the record (and I'm only speaking for myself here), nobody gives advice here because they want gratitude, they do it because they want to help.
But when post after post of replies are more or less not even acknowledged, let alone a "thanks" given..
I find that pretty rude.

Reactions: Jaylee
D

Deleted member 308541

also I'm trying to find out if there is someone who is in my exact situation.
I do not think there will be anyone silly enough to put themselves in your exact situation. :meh:

Edited by a mod for rudeness

Last edited by a moderator:

jonniey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh sorry where are my manners, thanks everybody!!! gratitude is in my heart even if I didn't say thanks.....my mind was busy processing and thinking about all the advice.

Reactions: ladybird64

jonniey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I meant situation with in regard to head pain and not my bad habits.

jonniey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
For the passed few years iv been living on beer and diet coke....drank very little water.

As I said earlier I drink little or no water most days.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Who else here has migraine type pain on a daily basis?? And do you perhaps know the cause? It's pain that changes places in my head or is all over.....I think its because my sugar is constantly high I'm not sure.

You are destroying your body.... including your brain.. your head pain is telling you it doesnt like what you are doing to it.

You know our bodies like food.. you have stated you are starving it...
You know majority of people would disagree with the food and drink that you say you eat and drink.

You have been told that diabetes does not give headaches..

You need to turn your life around...

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
It isnt diabetes that is giving you the head pain its your habits of food and drink that are impacting upon your life (this would be the case whether diabetic or not).

Caffeine and alchohol and diet are the causes of bad control of diabetes which could then impact upon brain and pain but diabetes is not the cause. Your actions are the cause.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Which two questions did I ask that were the same?.....I don't recall asking the exact same question twice read my questions carefully..... also I'm trying to find out if there is someone who is in my exact situation.
The head pain.. You keep banging on about it.. Two threads by your own hand? and every opportunity in replying posts...

Nobody will be in your "exact situation". Neither is anyone in mine.. ?
We are not "clones". The fact is the booze & Coke don't help. You also run high on the BS. & lets not forget "side step" seeing a doctor. & a dentist, for that matter....

Ethically it would be wrong to tell you what you want to hear or read... We can only offer support regards to your general health & wellbeing.
It's not asking you to stop living with diabetes. Just stop killing yerself..........! ;)

Just for the record. I've worked with Africans in the UK. Black & white. We work hard together, discuss, understand & respect.. All cool guys!

Last edited:

pattifaye

You have had loads of useful advice and hopefully you will take some notice of it. you do not have poorly controlled diabetes as that suggests it is something beyond your control
You have 2 main problems in that
1, you are an alcoholic
2, you manage YOUR diabetes poorly

Deespee23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know this is gonna "fly in the face" of what some people on here have suggested, but if you can't lay off the booze, then think about substituting dry wine or spirits for the beer.....it will be much less carbs to process. Yes, I know it will be easy to go OTT and possibly drink more than you were before, but I think your assessment of carbs consumed is such an underestimate (e.g. 1 litre beer = 36g carbs, so 3 litres = 108g carbs - and that's before you've eaten anything!) that you need to have a rational think about how much you are actually taking in every day.

Is the attraction of the beer due to the climate where you are?

Not dissing the very useful advice that others have provided but I know how difficult it can be to break a vicious circle, especially where habits or addictions are concerned. But I also think you need to get some face to face support, not necessarily the paid for from a doctor type - are there any AA type groups in your area that you could access?

Not being judgemental - I know where you're coming from.

Last edited: