Golfers Elbow and RSI

stuartclose

Hi, have been Type 2 for 10 years, last 2 very successfully on Byetta.

Its not frozen shoulder but Golfer Elbow (like Tennis Elbow but the other side of the elbow) is very painfull, starting in shoulder right down to pins and needles in the finger tips.

Steriod injection did not work, Doc doesn't want me to have another, so am seeing an Osteopath to try and get it right.

RSI of course comes because I am a full time secretary, typing etc. all the time. Have been told should change my career - I am 64 - who wants to change their career at this age!!

Take care all

Pauline

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
I would recommend acupuncture above anything else. I had tennis and golf elbows in both arms and had a short course of acupuncture which has been very succesful. 8) :D

I just have to watch that I don't overstress my elbows and as soon as I feel any tingling or achiness I use cold compresses and rest them; this has enabled me to keep problems at bay.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi Pauline,

I too have a similar problem regarding RSI, so you have my sympathy!

Nigel

Knapweed

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi

I suffered from a very similar problem in my right arm with tingling in my fingers. After several injections I had physiotherapy treatment. My physio identified that the problem was coming off my neck due to poor computer use posture putting stress on my neck which was effecting the nerves in my arm. Stretching exercises and some manipulation produced remarkable results, the tingling in my fingers disappeared.