Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Woke at 4am, couldn't get back to sleep, mooched around the house and discovered half a box of chocolate brandy liqueurs left over from Christmas. Experienced a total loss of control and scoffed the lot. :sorry:
Went back to bed. Tested at 7am. 9.2.
I am deeply ashamed... :sorry::sorry::sorry:

Oh @debrasue weve all been there ... Had moments of going through my food cupboards recently thinking there MUST be chocolate in this house like a deranged animal! It happens, please don't be ashamed. You are a good, in control diabetic (ok usually ;)) so deserve a break once in a while x

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I thought pepsi max was sugar free? It says no sugar on the bottle. Would I be better with diet coke.
Sugar free @mick180 . Unsure whether it stimulated glucogen release thou. Brain thinks its sugar (sweetners). If in doubt just drink none sweetened drinks. Although I have occasional sugar free fizzy drink.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good Morning! Back to my usual figures with 6.4 at 0800 today.
But I shouldn't have had the two very sweet liqueurs they gave me in the bar last night, will decline next time (if I'm sober).

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Completely unexpected 6.9 today. Max 40g carbs yesterday (closer to 30 I think), but no time to swim or exercise Saturday/Sunday. Maybe that's the key? Sometimes wonder if I'll ever get this right :banghead: