Some nerve damage

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
This is something you need to discuss face to face with the Gp as only he has your medical results and history.

Make an appointment asap and find out what is wrong and what medications he is talking about.

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Hi Shygirl :)

If your doctor, in whom you have no confidence, is off for some months then you have the ideal opportunity to see another doctor in the practice - if there is another. :)

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
ShyGirl said:
What GP? The one who ignored me in decemeber and is off for months? I am so sick of this disease . It's stupid and making my anxiety sky high.
One thing after another , one day a test is normal and the next day not. I'm sick of it

Shygirl, we all have off days with diabetes but we just have to stick with it.

Synonym's suggestion is what I would say as well. Consult another doctor, ask round,see if anyone you know with diabetes has a good doctor and try and see them.

We all have days when readings are erratic, mine are today because of a steroid injection, all we can do is keep at it.

HLW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
ShyGirl said:
What GP? The one who ignored me in decemeber and is off for months?
Change GPs.
Also I assume you have type 2 diabetes and are not on insulin because they are refusing test strips? Have they done GAD and islet cell antibodies tests? I ask because I was told for 5 years I had type 2 diabetes, and my blood sugars kept going up and up, turns out it was type 1 all along they just hadn't bothered to do the tests.

ShyGirl

HLW said:
ShyGirl said:
What GP? The one who ignored me in decemeber and is off for months?
Change GPs.
Also I assume you have type 2 diabetes and are not on insulin because they are refusing test strips? Have they done GAD and islet cell antibodies tests? I ask because I was told for 5 years I had type 2 diabetes, and my blood sugars kept going up and up, turns out it was type 1 all along they just hadn't bothered to do the tests.

My habc1 is stable according to the doctors , it's other issues that seem to getting in the way.

HLW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You might be able to change the consultant appointment to be earlier, worth a try anyway?

Re: GPs you could see if there is another GP practice nearby that is accepting new people?

Dobbs

hi shygirl,
please try not to panic too much about this letter. "Some nerve damage" can mean a lot of things, and may be nothing terribly serious at all. You know many diabetics (most? - not sure of the percentage) have some nerve damage, myself included.
Two things to say: first, nerves can heal, so nerve damage may not be permanent (I had neuropathy [nerve damage] in my feet, which has improved considerably over this past year); and secondly, I'd question why you need medication for it. If you don't want more meds, which I totally understand, you're not obliged to take them. My nerve damage improved with an extended period of good blood sugar control, no pills apart from the 2x500 Metformin I take anyway.
I know it's hard to cope with scary communications from the medical profession, especially if you're on your own, but you get great advice and support from this forum which personally I value higher.
So please try not to worry, it sounds like you're doing pretty well overall.