Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

col101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Was 35 in December down from 44 but consultant told me that's too low! Feels like you can't win.

Reactions: Sibyl

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
55 mmol/mol (7.2). Could be lower but they're happy with that at the clinic.

Sibyl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was 45 (6.3) last time. A little bit higher than the 43 (6.1) of the previous time but that did include 3 weeks visiting family in the States! I know I could do better, but for now it's good enough. Big respect to those who really knuckle down. Especially the long time insulin users. It's a huge faff but guess there's not much choice! ROTFL! I've only been diagnosed Type 1 for just over 2 years. Sometimes I still get an urge to laugh with surprise as I inject. Weird or what!

Reactions: Garr

Nickglanf

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My Hba1c is 59mmol, 7.5% I hope to get this lower. Twelve months ago my Hba1c was 81 mmol 9.6%. I'm working on getting my Hba1c down to around 50 to 53 mmol. Work in progress, one thing I have learned is that it's not easy and takes a lot of commitment to atchieve a Hba1c in the lower ranges. I think we don't give ourselves enothe credit.

Binary

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
My son's latest reading 46mmol/mol or 6.4% Previous two reading since using the libre were both 45 or 6.3% so pretty consistent.

Reactions: Soplewis12

RachSmith

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people
Yesterday was the anniversary of my joining the forum and Thursday this week was the first anniversary of being told my Hba1C was 118mmol/mol. Cut a long story short, I moved house and therefore had to have a new GP who wanted a bucketload of blood tests done .... she told me my diabetes results are excellent, my cholesterol is low and my blood pressure is great (not that I've ever suffered with high blood pressure). On Thursday I went for an appointment with my diabetes consultant and my Hba1C is down to 62!!! Still a way to go but I'm getting there and I have better results than I've had in years. Yay me!

Eireannn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Tomatoes, yuck
108 when I was first diagnosed. Got my second one next week and I've been in excellent control so hopefully it should be below 90 I reckon.

Grimm90999

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all<br /><br />Been to the doctor today and got the results from my latest HB1AC test and I have managed to get it down from 68 in June 2016 (month of diagnosis) to 36 in January 2017. <br /><br />How's everyone else's doing atm?

elenawing

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
41 (5.9%), down from 43 in April. Considering I just recently had a very bad infection with sugars through the roof, I was relieved to see this!

Eireannn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Tomatoes, yuck
Just had it done an hour ago (my second one since diagnosis) and it was 5.6. My first was one was 109. Best they've seen in months :)

5uzie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've got my first one since diagnosis tomorrow! Wish me luck, went into hospital at 80..let's see how I've been doing #nervous