Does LCHF contribute to arthritis pain...?

D

debrasue

How are things @debrasue?
I found pre lchf in 2015 I was very resilient to pain, in fact I very rearly felt any. Occasion twing for period pain, well more a dull ache.
On lchf in early 2016 I developed severe pain and high sensitivity. Skin touching sensitivity too.
I increased carbs to rid myself of palpatations and dizziness on 50g-100g carbs. On 250g dizziness left. Unsure whether due to pain relief for pelvic joint and lower back or longterm bisoprolol or in fact increasing carbs back to 250g. I still have pain, muscle, skin sensitivity alongside pain in my musculoskeletal system primarily on my right side.
Starting low carb in a few days time with low salt for heart health after a heart attack threat and on-going investigation into my cardio health.
I have excellent cholestrol levels throughout, which is due more to a thyroid disorder than any dietary or exercise reguime. I still haven't received results of my calcium score ct scan but told once cardiologist has all results he will decide what happens next. Over a decade I've been receiving treatment for acute high blood pressure which started in my first pregnancy. (So maybe mostly weight related) Bariatric surgery fingers crossed will eradicate or reduce such meds. Surgery I'm signing up for in feb.
I too look to the lchf to fix everything but to be honest bariatric surgery and lchf should be much more effective!
I wish you the very best of luck with the LCHF and the surgery, Vicky, and I hope it is as successful for you as you hope it will be. New year, new strategy. Hugs xx

Reactions: Freema

MargJ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Since my type 2 diagnosis I ve cut back on carbs considerably and in that time my arthritis has improved considerably. Don't know whether it's the low carbs or the weight loss or the combination of the two. All I know is that I have increased mobility and less pain in my legs. My hands are still a bother but the improvements mean I can exercise more- just walking, gardening and the like. That obviously helps my blood sugar. A win win situation for me!

Reactions: Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My arthritis is also much reduced painwise But I Think it is mostly due to lost fatmass which I Think contributed to inflamation all over in my body , But I still have arthritis. My feet hurt when I excercise But only half as much when I walk maybe because my weight on them is much lighter my hand Fingers are somewhat deformed But dont hurt much
My hibs dont feel so fine But I hope my heavy excercising prevent my bones from thinning and I'll try eating vitamin K2 every day for half a year to see if that can take away arthritis and the pain or at least stop it progressing as I have read a lot of K2 being the kind of K-vitamin that helps the calcium into the bones in contrary to vitamin K 1
I also Think the low calories reduces inflamation and the initial fasting from 19 o'clock untill next day 12 o'clock