Lantus solostar

ATAT23

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So last night i tested my bg befor i did my base line i was 16 its a bit high i know but i like to be a bit higher at work, about an hour later i went out for a vape one on the way back i felt i was going hypo with i didnt understand so i did bg i was 3.0 i have no clue why this happend it was a bit scary but i enjoyed my roses lol

Feel free to give me ur thoughts thanks

fletchweb

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
So last night i tested my bg befor i did my base line i was 16 its a bit high i know but i like to be a bit higher at work, about an hour later i went out for a vape one on the way back i felt i was going hypo with i didnt understand so i did bg i was 3.0 i have no clue why this happend it was a bit scary but i enjoyed my roses lol

I take Lantus too (also take humalog) - one shot of Lantus in the evenings before I go to bed. It seems to work better for me at that time. One thing that I discovered with Lantus - if you inject it near a muscle, be it your thigh or even you stomach and then do something that uses those nearby muscles - the reaction times tend to change, at least for me it does. That's another reason why I give it at night, unless I find myself in a passionate romantic encounter (I wish) I'm very inactive when I go to sleep thus avoiding a sudden drop in BGs.

Reactions: Dodo and ATAT23

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi,

How long prior to the "vape break" did you bolus for any food..?

(Though I agree with @fletchweb that inadvertently "jacking" into muscle can throw one a curve ball.)

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I take Lantus too (also take humalog) - one shot of Lantus in the evenings before I go to bed. It seems to work better for me at that time. One thing that I discovered with Lantus - if you inject it near a muscle, be it your thigh or even you stomach and then do something that uses those nearby muscles - the reaction times tend to change, at least for me it does. That's another reason why I give it at night, unless I find myself in a passionate romantic encounter (I wish) I'm very inactive when I go to sleep thus avoiding a sudden drop in BGs.
I agree with all. I take my lantus at 10:15 pm. None during the day. I tried one unit in the morning when I was ill and hypo'd all day. Before bed worked steadier than with a meal as well
I always inject in my love handle for lantus and stomach for novolog.

ATAT23

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I agree with all. I take my lantus at 10:15 pm. None during the day. I tried one unit in the morning when I was ill and hypo'd all day. Before bed worked steadier than with a meal as well
I always inject in my love handle for lantus and stomach for novolog.
Yeah iv fond that it works better with food, novarapid befor latus after

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
On this occasion nova was after

Soooo? Am I right in assuming you were at work on a "night shift", at some point during an hour period in the work schedule, injected your usual Lantus dose. & injected your novorapid for food, ate then out for a vape?? All within an hour period. Possibly on a break...??

ATAT23

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
OK so last night I was on a sleep shift had food at 7pm with nova so I could eat again at 11ish I took my lantus at 1007pm my bg was 16.0 at 1002 pm went out to vape at 11ish came back hypoed did bg at 1105pm they where 3.0 then had food after eating some fast acting carb

ATAT23

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I thought 16 was safe coz lantus normally knocks my bg down a few so I new I was going to go down a bit but 3 shocked me a bit lol

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
OK so last night I was on a sleep shift had food at 7pm with nova so I could eat again at 11ish I took my lantus at 1007pm my bg was 16.0 at 1002 pm went out to vape at 11ish came back hypoed did bg at 1105pm they where 3.0 then had food after eating some fast acting carb

Thanks. Were you planning to eat after the vape? Or did you eat before the vape...

My thoughts are toward the Novorapid??;)

ATAT23

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I planned to eat after the vape so after 11 coz the whole 4 hour rule