50 Pounds Lost In 3 Months Since Dietary Change

Lazy_Daisy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
that is fantastic! what was the biggest challenge you faced and how did you accomplish this awesome weight loss?

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Just weighed myself today and I'm 372, down from 422 lb on May 9th. 50 pounds lost in 3 months!

Also, in the past 3 months I went from an A1C of 9 to 11% (for several years) to an A1C of 5.9%, regained half the feeling back in my limbs. Blood pressure dropped from 140/80 to 110/60. Pulse down from 96 to mid 80's. Dropped all insulin (injected 120 units a day) and dropped Metformin (all it did was give me diarrhea.. no changes in blood sugar). Triglycerides down from over 300 to 167. HDL up from 44 to 49. Triglycerides/HDL ratio is now around 3 instead of 6.

Lifelong dietary change: Low Carb High Fat Ketogenic with Intermittent Fasting -- yeah I need this aggressive of a diet because of my insanely high carb intolerance, but it doesn't seem aggressive to me anymore because I quite enjoy it now, feeling liberated from food and never hungry nor have any cravings. Continuing to lose weight. How low will I get? We'll find out! :)

Fasting blood sugar 115 mg/dL (6.4 mmol/L) .. hopefully this will continue to improve as I lose 14 more stone.
Well done JenniferG... That's amazing... every time someone posts something as positive as this one of us will benefit - maybe more than one... Thank you... :)

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My numbers, diet and results are pretty similar to this
Very low carb LCHF plus intermittent fasting getting into a good level of ketosis seems to be the way to go - after my xmas hiatus, the weight loss seems to have resumed now ! Actual diet below.

Reactions: Prem51