CarlyB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Tomatoes, snobby behaviour
Hi everyone,

I've had a bad today in terms of fatigue. I've literally wanted to sleep all day. Struggled to play with my 19 month old son. My legs and arms feel like jelly. But the weird thing is my bloods are completely fine (between 4.9-8.2). I've done nothing out of the ordinary that could explain my tiredness.

There's tiredness and then there's 'the fog' where you feel trapped in it and you can't get any energy back!

The only other thing I can think of is it could be my lupus.

Does anyone else get this and can it still be the diabetes doing it even with normal bloods?

TIA

Carly

Reactions: Freema

cott97

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Could you have one of the bugs currently doing the rounds - one is causing tiredness and headaches. .. just a thought

Char1994

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, I have the exactly same thing at the moment. My bloods can low, high or even normal level and all I wanna do is sleep the whole day and night but I'm not to sure what it could be.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe it is the time of year to little sunlight and maybe one is also moving less than in the warmer and sunnier time of the year . Try to go very early to bed for a coupple of days

cott97

Type of diabetes
Type 2
There are a lot of viral infections doing the rounds and people are taking a long time to recover more like 10-14 days rather than the usual 4-7 days. They are making people feel awful, some get the hacking cough, some the headache, some the stomach version and others a sort of non specific not feeling well which takes a while to go. If it's only today and normal bloods I would take a paracetamol and try to take it easy....hope you both feel better soon .

Pamzy2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People with bad manners
I have another. Old that started yesterday, very tired, more than usual. I've had a cold in and off since the end of September. I had full blown sinusitis beginning of December and it looks like I'm headed back that way. There are a lot of viruses around at present. I work with the public and no sooner get over one cold and there's another! Rest and don't feel guilty about resting. I've had glandular fever when I was young very badly and I believe that also affects my energy levels even now 35 years later. I have no hesitation about putting me first when it comes to resting. Hope you feel better soon.