Dominos pizza.

Peppergirl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I love low carb and it's really working for me. No intention of eating carbs, just annoyed that about to have a team meeting where everyone will be scoffing dominos. Can't sit it out either. Just a moan. I'm literally sat there watching people eat loads of ****.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Eat the topping - have to admit dominos is the only place that has ever stumped me - there is nothing to eat, even their chicken wings are covered in sugary stuff pizza was my all time favourite food - still is - I have managed to abstain totally for over 7 years by saying one day I'll treat myself just not today - but like I have said I do pull the topping off a slice of my son's now and then.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Meant to add I bored the guy behind the counter to death last time I was in with the cauli based pizza - said he would pass the info on - but best not hold our breath lol

endocrinegremlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People telling me how to control my diabetes. My health. Isms. People walking their dogs off leads in illegal areas. Meat that bleeds. Late buses.
Take your own food as folks say. But try make them pizza related, or do it next time if this is too late. Or you could make your own carb free pizza to take in and join in. Or make home made kebabs of some sort. Plenty of places have worked out how to make healthy substitutes to all sorts.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Just sit there with a smug smile thinking on how all these idiots are poisoning them selves it's how you feel about it if you allow yourself to feel left out or are missing out on something then it will be torture so don't, feel the superiority of the low carber instead.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't feel any inclination to eat pizza. Not even the topping - it isn't even real cheese most of the time.
I take pleasure in disconcerting those who scoff carbs in front of me by eating Dr Atkins revenge - bacon and eggs in the mornings or a small roast chicken and green salad from a supermarket with a hot meat cabinet if later in the day.

Reactions: Peppergirl

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Make your own pizza using the Fat Head Pizza dough recipe, even my non D 17 yr old son who hates anything except Pies and pasta loves it.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I mentioned this once in a thread a long time ago... Pizza is like a "deal" with the "mob" as a D, an "offer you can't refuse" then they send then "boys" round later..

Team meeting & "Dominos"? Shows a serious lack of imagination & budget regarding whoever organised it.. Regardless of who's a D or not..!

Reactions: Peppergirl

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I second the fathead pizza recommendation! It is fab. Very calorific, but then SO IS PIZZA! And my blood glucose doesn't even blip.

Nowadays I would have Fathead rather than the real stuff. ;)

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just sit there with a smug smile thinking on how all these idiots are poisoning them selves it's how you feel about it if you allow yourself to feel left out or are missing out on something then it will be torture so don't, feel the superiority of the low carber instead.
I hardly think normal people who do not have diabetes or are not overweight are poisoning their selves by eating pizza. I would certainly not have a smug smile on my face to see them I would just be wishing I could join them not because I was ever a pizza addict just to be able to have like a normal non diabetic person whatever I wanted to eat

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I hardly think normal people who do not have diabetes or are not overweight are poisoning their selves by eating pizza. I would certainly not have a smug smile on my face to see them I would just be wishing I could join them not because I was ever a pizza addict just to be able to have like a normal non diabetic person whatever I wanted to eat

I'm with you, but everyone finds their own way to cope.

Reactions: kimrooney89

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pizza is probably the one junk food I really miss - I used to adore Pizza :(

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I hardly think normal people who do not have diabetes or are not overweight are poisoning their selves by eating pizza.
You may not think so but I do. It's all about attitude if you would prefer to sit there and feel deprived then that of course would be your prerogative. carbs = sugar = poison. To ingest a toxic substance is to poison yourself whether "normal" or not.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
My partner works at another pizza establishment and he makes deliveries. The biggest delivery ever was just before Christmas to a private girls school in Berkshire .....................................93 pizza's !!

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
You may not think so but I do. It's all about attitude if you would prefer to sit there and feel deprived then that of course would be your prerogative. carbs = sugar = poison. To ingest a toxic substance is to poison yourself whether "normal" or not.

Poison is an odd word when it's food to many.
But if it helps you cope, I can listen.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My place gets Doms in when they are getting rewarded for something but as most of my colleagues know I am a T2 and don't do carbs it's not a problem and they enjoy it. I'll have my olives, celery, avocado with sauerkraut. Don't forgot you're the important one and you need to look after yourself.