Diabetics shouldn't be allowed to get married

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurlito

I'm not a Muslim. actually I don't give a **** about religion so if they stuff me with swine every day, I'm adequately happy.
The only insulin brand that isn't available here is glargine.

I've no idea what crystal insulin is, unless he means one of the clear insulins
Crystal Insulin is a wrap up insulin like glargine and novorapid, you should inject it before meals, but the jerk endocrinologist told me to mix it with regular insulin every morning. but I don't think that I should listen to him because he's the one who told me to eat rice and bread.

and there are plenty of Endocrinologists here in my town, but I got the most incompetent one. He's a professor too but well matter of fact, he doesn't know what novorapid is.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
cugila said:
Erm.......I'll take your word for it. I'm a Diabetic, not an Islamic Scholar. :D

Ken

Yeah ...what you said Ken. I am starting to regret mentioning pigs in the first place now. In futute I will keep my questions to myself and consult Google...lol

sue32

Dislikes
false people
I think we should all be grateful for the medication and support we receive in this country, and hope that by posting on this forum Aurlito will come to realise that having diabetes is not necessarily a negative thing. We all get angry with our diabetes at some point, and we know we're able to come on here and blow a small fuse and there will always be someone there to give us a hug. Let's hope that Aurlito will find this out soon. 8) 8)

Beav

Dislikes
Alcohol
If one parent is diabetic (type 1) and the other parent isn't, what are the chances of the child being a type 1 diabetic though :?:

Aubergenie

Dislikes
Weetabix, Twilight, Katherine Jenkins,
Yes, OP, lets stop them breeding. (and by them, I mean us)

Next on the list: people with cancer, heart problems, genetic respiratory disorders. As soon as someone is diagnosed with an illness, lets not treat them, make them better, inspire lifestyle changes etc, lets just sterilise them

As Jeanie "Nan" Taylor would say - "What a load of old S***"

A

Anonymous

Aubergenie said:
Yes, OP, lets stop them breeding. (and by them, I mean us)

Next on the list: people with cancer, heart problems, genetic respiratory disorders. As soon as someone is diagnosed with an illness, lets not treat them, make them better, inspire lifestyle changes etc, lets just sterilise them

As Jeanie "Nan" Taylor would say - "What a load of old S***"

Perhaps if you had bothered to read ALL this thread you would have seen that it has moved on in the subject.
The OP himself has thought again about his comment and now members are trying to help and support him not castigate him for his unhappy comment.

mayesnfarmer

Aurlito - do you have to pay for all of your insulin etc? I take Novorapid and Levemir at night. Do you have the 3ml penfill cartridges that you draw from with a syringe? If so do you know the laws on posting medical equipment to your country? I could try and send you a couple of insulin pens and a box of small needles if you like as every 6 months they give me new ones and I now have some spare? Just a thought if you are fed up of normal needles and syringes - they are way too big and freak me out, I could not inject if I had to use them! :? Im glad I have my small pens!

LTucker

I am absolutely hurt and upset by this remark. I am a type 1 diabetic and was diagnosed when I was 19. I am adopted and do not know if my birth parents had or have diabetes, so does this mean that "just incase" I shouldnt have children???
There are many hereditary conditions such as breast cancer etc, so does this mean we all have to stop having children if there is the slightest chance that we would pass any condition onto our children????
Please think about what you are putting on here as I am sure alot of people have been offended by this.
P.S. Diabetics can still marry without having children!!!!!

JamesA

Firstly as a general comment the world is massively overpopulated and we all should be having less children, whether diabetic or not.
Having more than 1 or 2 kids is a bit irresponsible these days.

Should you stop fat people having kids because they might get type 2?
Ideally yes, but you couldnt do it :)

A serious point is on the timing.
I would say that you need to be able to look after yourself before bringing kids into the world so there's an argument for putting it off until you've got your diabetes under control.

AndyS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You may as well argue that stupid people or unemployed people shouldnt have kids.
I think a diabetic child of diabetic parents will have a better way of life than the poor kid of layabouts who never work a day in their lives.

Let's see how many I upset with that one... the whole idea is flawed and stupid.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
OK, I suggest that this thread either goes back to helping Aurlito or we just lock it !

This is a young man from another country, Iran, obviously unhappy with his diabetes who wrote this thread then, rethought it .

This forum is about helping and supporting diabetics, not continuing to criticise a fellow diabetic who, if you had bothered to read the whole thread, rethought his OP.

The thread moved on from there to offers of help for Aurlito but now seems to be slipping back to unhelpful comments.

Sugarless Sue
Forum Monitor.

Dippy3103

Arlito- how long have you been diagnosed? I assume you were unwell which led to diagnosis.I apologise for my ignorance, but do you have free national healthcare where you are? Did I read you were in Iran?
I'm sorry for having a pop at you. Your original post did annoy me, but I can see now that it came from dispair on your part. Perhaps the strong replies gave you hope for having your own family in the future.
Good luck,

chrissieworne

I find that initial post offensive, many parents pass on "doddgy genes" without even knowing it. My 23yr old son died from multiple pulmonary embolisms and then they tested my husband and I as they thought it may be something hereditary. I found out I have antithrombin probs which he had inherited, it never affected me (so far but now on meds) that poor soul died cos of me. Its bad enough carrying that guilt about without people saying if you have a problem you shouldn'y have children. By the way I have diabetes and no one else on either side of my family had it !!!!!!!!

What do you want..a master race?

Chrissie

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
sugarless sue said:
OK, I suggest that this thread either goes back to helping Aurlito or we just lock it !

Sugarless Sue
Forum Monitor.

Best to lock it now Sue I think.

It is too many pages long and new forum users will just read the OP and react negatively as most people, myself included did.

If the boy from Iran wants to ask another question or needs help I'm sure he can start another thread and is more likely to get positive responses without prejudice

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Ardbeg.
Thank you for your advice which is noted. Locking a thread is a last resort. A decision not taken lightly. We can see no reason to lock it at this point in time. That is a moderating decision which is final and will, if needed be made here and actioned.

The length of a thread has no bearing on when a post should be locked and we are used to seeing 'discussion' which sometimes get derailed, heated and also do not always meet with everybody's approval. We are well able to deal with these things here. We would hope that no member is prejudiced in any way against a fellow Diabetic......

We have asked members to read all the posts in the thread, in any thread in fact. It is a fact that some members only read and react to the first post, that is something that they should read and digest but also take the time to read the other subsequent posts, rather than a 'knee jerk' reaction to what has been said initially.

I will ask the OP, his views will be sought. If he want's it locked then it will be. Members who have taken the time to read the thread have apologised to Aurlito in much the same way as he has changed his stance. Things move on if members will just have a little more tolerance of views which don't always meet with the approval of ALL members.

cugila / sugarless sue
Forum Monitor's

Bob Hammond

have to agree with nigel
diabetic since 13 now 69 married at 23 many happy years of marriage loving wife and family 2 grandchildren
no one in my parents bloodline had diabetes i still developed it
i think you have to be positive in life

paulharman

Dislikes
Work.
What a moron.
What about people who already have children and then get diagnosed??? Shoud they be lambasted for their crime!!

A

Anonymous

OK folks.
Quite plainly there are people on this forum who don't read posts fully. It has been explained that the OP is from Iran and is a young man. He does not need to be called names and castigated by new or even old members. He explained his reasons for posting as he did and most members have now accepted that he was out of order but saw the later answers and he realised the error of his ways.

If there are any among you who didn't make mistakes as young men and women then maybe we could understand the sad comments made prior to this post.

As a result of the last two posts this thread is now locked.

Mod 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.