Travelling with my testing kit

Reetpetite

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Crowds, traffic jams, pollution, housework
Hi - I'm flying off to Spain shortly - which is my first holiday abroad since being diagnosed Type 2 last May. I was wondering what the issues are about travelling with your testing kit - should I pack this in my hold luggage or can I take it in my hand luggage - I really would like to test during the day of travel so would like to put this in my handbag but don't want it confiscated at the airport.

Anyone had problems or issues - advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

Rita

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
It would appear not to be a problem judging by other posts on here. Always take your prescription with you anyway. :)

Dustydazzler

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Sore feet, spiders, feeling hungry, night time hypos
I go through airport security about 15 times a month. I put my testing kit, needles and insulin through the scanner as normal. I've never been asked to explain or show them my medical supplys. I always carry a letter from my doctor saying I have diabetes and that I carry sharps but I've never been asked to show it. Pack all your items in you hand luggage and enjoy your holiday!! They've seen it millions of times over so don't worry about it xxx

JamesA

I got some funny looks from a Spanish security man once about my frio cooling wallet.
I'd take the instructions with you if you use them, especially since recent attempted bombings.

Don't bother asking if it's OK to test.
I once asked the stewardess if was OK to use my test kit on the plane.
She had no idea and ended up actually taking it to the pilot to look at :roll: