Is it okay to sleep?

bigboi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was drinking alcohol on the saturday night and justnow my readings are at 4.9 after treating a 3.5. Im scared to sleep :( im home all alone.. Is it safe to sleep?

bigboi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Set an alarm for 30 mins to an hour maybe. So you can wake up and check? It's rising? If it was dropping maybe you'd to wait before sleeping.

Thanks, after drinking usually i drop around 8pm - 9pm but i sorted that and all was going normal, until i had the munchies so i had food, done my insulin and i seem to randomly have dropped and it is staying low now :/ ? I deffinetely didnt overdo my carb ratio.. Must be the alcohol :(

leking

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think alcohol also inhibits your liver from releasing glucagon when low, so you lose a bit of a safety barrier there.

No1DeadlyPoison

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude People.
Animal Cruelty.
Unnecessary Drama.
It's always good to set an alarm. To be on the safe side make sure there is something by the side of your bed so you are ready, just in case. I hope you get to get some sleep and your levels are okay.

bigboi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Its staying at 5.8 now for the last ten minutes :( ive had some gluco juice what should i do?

bigboi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ive had cluco juice, mars bar and crisps just waiting for it to budge from 5.8 i dont want it dropping again or i will freak

No1DeadlyPoison

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude People.
Animal Cruelty.
Unnecessary Drama.
I'd give it another half an hour for your food and drink you kick in. Then maybe set an alarm in a hour or so to check. I know it's a pain but if your worried it is best to be safe. This is what I would do anyway.

Reactions: bigboi