Help me work this out

James1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Sometimes a headache can be a sign of dehydration.

Try drinking half a pint of water and see if that clears it; also check your wee afterwards. If it is very dark that is another sign of dehydration.

Headaches can also sometimes be muscular due to a stiff neck or back.

If you get regular headaches with no obvious cause you should check with your doctor.

I drink lots of water have had a sore back for weeks now but not to bag pain wise.my wee if fine but have a review on Feb so will ask about it then

Thanks

Reactions: Prem51 and Freema

AFoxy74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Coffee also has an effect on bs. Can I just ask all low carbers, are any of you T1?

Reactions: Freema

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Or better still add some butter in first! in practise the minerals in those vegetables are oil soluble not water soluble, so you won't get the benefit of them without fat so don't be afraid to saute in butter, or keep the skin on the chicken or eat the chicken leg if you prefer it - all of those choices will be more healthy than steaming and plain chicken breast and at least as tasty
- there is an awful lot lot to unlearn with diabetes !

Reactions: Prem51

nemiabonny

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Work constant night shift and finished this morning with really good bs levels get up and still ok.have a couple of cups of coffee and go shopping don't have anything to eat when i am out.
Come home don't feel like eating anything bust have some weetabix and a small pice of ginger cake,this is all I have had to eat and feel sh** with bs reading of 10.7 why?
James,
Even if you did not eat anything after your night shift work, you would still get a high blood sugar reading. Why? Because the liver will release glucose from storage. Having some weetabix and a small piece of ginger cake were not the real cause of your bs highs. But they surely played a minor role.

Since my diagnosis as a type 2 diabetic in July 1991 (my first blood sugar reading was 468 mg/dl), I have always been on HCLF diet. Yes, all of my fasting and post-meal blood sugar readings have consistently been high. Why have they not harmed me yet? Maybe because I run the stairs 4 times per day, a total of no less than 1 hour per day. I burn all the glucose that I have taken in. My weight is steady from 137 lbs to 143 lbs. My height is 5'7". I have never been on any anti-diabetes drugs.

Bonny Damocles
Male, 81 years old
I am not on any pharma drugs for any health problems
I think that I am the first untreated 25+year T2D with no D complications

Reactions: PNJB and Prem51

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
James,
Even if you did not eat anything after your night shift work, you would still get a high blood sugar reading. Why? Because the liver will release glucose from storage. Having some weetabix and a small piece of ginger cake were not the real cause of your bs highs. But they surely played a minor role.

Since my diagnosis as a type 2 diabetic in July 1991 (my first blood sugar reading was 468 mg/dl), I have always been on HCLF diet. Yes, all of my fasting and post-meal blood sugar readings have consistently been high. Why have they not harmed me yet? Maybe because I run the stairs 4 times per day, a total of no less than 1 hour per day. I burn all the glucose that I have taken in. My weight is steady from 137 lbs to 143 lbs. My height is 5'7". I have never been on any anti-diabetes drugs.

Bonny Damocles
Male, 81 years old
I am not on any pharma drugs for any health problems
I think that I am the first untreated 25+year T2D with no D complications

That is very encouraging to hear - thanks for posting

Voodoorising

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the quick replies
Also every night I have a mega headache could this have something to do with levels?

Hi James before I was diagnosed I would have bouts of constant head aches and sometimes at least once a month bad migraines ( migraleve was my friend ).

Since being diagnosed in September 2016 I haven't had a head ache or migraine so I guess the higher BS levels had something to do with it. I also work shifts 12 hr days / 12hr nights with either a 4 or 6 day break between each 4 on Stint. Managing our diabetes on shift is a balancing act but it's doable.