Type 2 Feeling Awful

Swanny57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi folks I have been taking Jardiance for a while now and just before Christmas put on insulin lantus , said I would feel much better and would help but feel ****, really tired , anxiety issues, sleep problems and severe depression in fact feel worse than have been in ages. Is this all linked do you think? Also take Prozac and be meds
Any advice?

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
How is your blood sugar? If it's very up and down that can affect you both physically and emotionally.

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi folks I have been taking Jardiance for a while now and just before Christmas put on insulin lantus , said I would feel much better and would help but feel ****, really tired , anxiety issues, sleep problems and severe depression in fact feel worse than have been in ages. Is this all linked do you think? Also take Prozac and be meds
Any advice?
You need to get in touch with your GP as soon as possible. Not all meds suit everyone and they can interact.

Mep

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, I agree that it's best to see your GP about what is going on. It could well be the fluctuating sugar levels not helping. Then I also deal with depression and other diseases and I do feel awful a lot but it's not my diabetes that is the cause. It could be that for you as well. I wish you the best. :)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
All those symptoms are a direct result of high or fluctuating blood glucose levels.
It could be to much insulin in your blood.
You do need to see your GP!

We're you issued with a blood glucose monitor?

Swanny57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks for the replies, I am going to phone my gp tomorrow and also be more vigilant checking my blood sugars also when feeling better been reading about a low carb diet see if that helps love the forum it's so helpful

Reactions: Mep