First time tester(SD)Code Free)

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
Good morning the Xpert course was cancelled yesterday due to inclement weather,FBG this morning at 5am was 4.8

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
This morning I am going to have 2 poached eggs on two slices of the new bread I got in tescos ,I just love it only 10 carbs a slice and a small loaf:)

IDShot_540x540.jpg

Bread.JPG

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good afternoon saw the GP yesterday he said I had done well with my HbA1c results coming down from 114(12.6) to 50(6.7)so in 3 months,I asked if I could stop taking the metformin but he said that's not a good ideaas my blood sugar would rise again,I was dissapointed and felt a little flat when I came home,just thought I would tell you,it helps:)

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
o dear, I think you should have Told your Dr you were going to stop the metformin .. most Drs just don't seem to understand how anyone they see could possibly take control of their own diabetes T2 without following the gov eat well plate advice .. that comes with a guarantee to raise blood sugars. It also shows his ignorance about this drug that has very little affect on blood sugar numbers.
Please don't be disappointed .. your doing really well and your meter is showing this.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's a shame as you have done so well. I'm sure from your readings that your next HbA1c will be a lot lower. Hopefully then your doctor will agree with your suggestion of coming off Metformin. At least he is aware of how much progress you have made is such a short time. Please keep going and hopefully next time things will be even better.

Reactions: ziggy_w

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning all my friendGood morning I am doing porridge(and Raspberries) this morning(a reduced sentance for good behaviour and just maybe an early release);) Measuered the water and porridge out and weighed it then eat it at 8.15am will test at 9.15am(1 hour) and then again at 10.15am (2 hours):)s

9.15am reads 9.4 not sure what that tells me.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It will depend on what your bs was before you ate .. If it was me .. and I was say 5.4 just before eating and I was higher than 7.4 on the hour testing .. I would reduce my carbs or stay away from the porridge for a while .. But if I was 7.4 before eating and now 9.4 .. I would be very happy with that ... so it really depends on the before eating numbers ...
Do you add coconut oil to your porridge .. that can smooth out the sharp rise sometimes .. since being in remission I have still not tried porridge .. its not to my taste anymore !!!!

Reactions: wiseowl_123

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Small roast dinner Skinless chicken breast,2 tiny roast potatoes,1 small yorkshire,broccoli,cauliflower
reading before lunch 5.1 reading 1 hour after lunch 7.1
will test again at 2 .30pm

Reactions: Enclave

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Before lunch test reading 5.1

1.30pm 1 hour test after my lunch 7.1

2.30pm 2 hour test after my lunch 6.2

Reactions: Bluetit1802

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Before lunch which was 4 Heck sausages _2 carbs,broccolli and cualiflower 4 carbs,3 small chips 10 carbs,.
Reading was 5.2 /2 hours after lunch 5.6

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Just had my lunch and very nice it was to, just a few carbs;)

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good afternoon all my friends have eaten lunch at 12.30pm Yellow Haddock,half a tin of tomatoes,half a tin of mushrooms,2 very small new potatoes,:)

Tested just before Reading was 4.9
Will test at 1.30pm(1 hour) = 7.0
and again at 2.30pm (2 Hours)=5.6

Last edited:

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning all my friends I h ave just eaten my breakfast of 18 carbs(porridge/raspberries) :)

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What sort of porridge do you have please? Is that carb count definitely correct, it seems a bit low?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
About 25g of most brands of porridge, not a lot I know, would give you approximately 15 or so grams of carbs I when having porridge use a set of scales and weigh the amounts I have.

Reactions: wiseowl_123

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning @Juicetin my friend its quaker oats original I can only go on what my book say,I do hope its the right inforemation:)

Capture.JPG

Bill_Dundee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That is not a bad reading (10.1) for the first test. My first reading was 27! There are many many variables that can affect your readings. If you have had food on your hands and you touch the slit where the blood goes, that can give a false high reading. If you are unwell, or feeling poorly, that will give a false reading as well. Don't take each reading individually, but log them onto a daily diary and see how they look after a few days or weeks. If you are cutting out the carbs, the numbers will go down. My first test of the day is now around 6.5 then drops to 5.0 throughout the day. Seeing that puts a smile on my face and keeps me focused on staying there. I also throw away any strip that returns an E error message as trying to use it again can also return a bad reading.

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning @Bill_Dundee my friend and thank you:)

FBG this morning was 4.0 at 5.30am then had my usual porridge and blueberries 2 hours after meal was 5.8