Lidl's High Protein Rolls

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
Good evening I know this subjest has beeb discussed before but they are so delicous I find that I am eating two a day,they are very low carb but have discovered that they contain (Curcuma). which I believe is turmeric, I think I need to cut down on these,what do you think:)

Reactions: Hazel595

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Ni but I have no idea what it is:)

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good evening and thank you @daisyduck my friend much appreciated:)

6. Diabetes management

For lowering blood sugar and reversing insulin resistance there’s arguably no better natural treatment than adding turmeric into your diet.

In 2009, Biochemistry and Biophysical Research Communications published a study out of Auburn University that explored how supplementing with turmeric can help reverse diabetes.

The study discovered that curcumin in turmeric is literally 400 times more potent than Metformin (a common diabetes drug) in activating AMPK which improves insulin sensitivity which can help reverse Type 2 Diabetes.

In addition to correcting the causes of diabetes, curcumin has also been proven to help reverse many of the issues related to insulin resistance and hyperglycemia.

Take, for instance, diabetic neuropathy and retinopathy. One of the most common complications of diabetes is damaged blood vessels which cause blindness.

A study found that supplementing with curcumin can delay this horrible complication of diabetes because of its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.

Bellatom

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Good evening I know this subjest has beeb discussed before but they are so delicous I find that I am eating two a day,they are very low carb but have discovered that they contain (Curcuma). which I believe is turmeric, I think I need to cut down on these,what do you think:)
Glad you like them.

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good evening @Bellatom my friend thank God for a sense of humour,after following @daisyduck link I think I will up it to 3 a day,just eaten one with butter and sardines on,Wow!;)

Reading post \sardine Roll 5.7

Last edited:
Reactions: jonbvn

Bellatom

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Just had half toasted one side and the other cheese, a few drops of worcester sauce and black pepper.
I keep mine in the freezer and just take out 1 at a time otherwise could easily eat 2 or 3 just on their own warm with a little butter. God send for me.

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I'm off stuff like that at the moment, but I could only manage half before I felt stuffed.

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Im addicted to them too, I have one a day in the week and sometimes two on Sat/Sun. I have to have them toasted and cheese , ham and peanut butter are good toppings. They hardly spike my BS at all.

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm missing out here.... Lidl in the morning then... I am craving cheese on toast now.

Reactions: wiseowl_123

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ni but I have no idea what it is:)
Watch it - it turns you YELLOW!!! :***::***:

Seriously though, take care if using turmeric powder as it can stain both things and fingers as my worktop lays witness to after my husband's been flinging it around when making curries...

Robbity

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Watch it - it turns you YELLOW!!! :***::***:

Seriously though, take care if using turmeric powder as it can stain both things and fingers as my worktop lays witness to after my husband's been flinging it around when making curries...

Robbity

Oops. but very true. My plastic microwave bowl has a yellow tinge now after cooking my cauliflower pilau rice

Reactions: wiseowl_123
A

Avocado Sevenfold

I drink turmeric milk for breakfast 5 days a week and love it. I get a yellow tongue :p

Be careful though if you are on blood thinning medication as I read it can interact.

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Went on a Lidl run today, I'll be blowed, the protein rolls i got are almost twice the size! The first time ever my local store has stocked the larger size rolls. I bought them all, 14 I think. Weighed one, 105 gr.

Last edited:
Reactions: daisyduck