Type 2 weight loss plateau

Hotpepper20000

I have lost 10kgs within one month which has given me such an amazing high and although my heart sank when I read that there is a low or no weight loss around the corner I am glad that I have found this out now so can be prepared and not to give up which I would have done before.
So glad to have been pre warned.
Thank you.
It really is a high. For me it took 15 years for searching to why I gained weight almost over night. It was so frustrating to to find something that worked for me. Being diagnosed with type 2 sent me on a different path and now finally I'm making head way.
Good luck on your journey to better health.

Reactions: DiamondAsh

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Believe it or not, anything over 20 carbs per day makes me gain weight. I can eat an 80% healthy fat diet and not gain. I do however need to watch my nut consumption. No dairy or grains or the weight piles on.

An avocado a day keeps the hunger away!!!

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
When I started my low carb diet 10lbs of weight fell off me in 3 weeks and since then I've not lost an ounce. For another 3 weeks no weight has come off. I'm very disappointed because I'm hardly eating anything. I eat home made soup and vegetable stews. My carb intake is low but I don't know what the figure is for it.
I got stuck like this a while back. I found a change in my exercise routine did the trick for me. Either increase the exercise or change what you are doing.

Reactions: Freema and Judlepip

Judlepip

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Am I alone in wondering if a quick sugar boost might re-ignite the low-carb burn? Ive been thinking in terms of maybe one or two jelly babies (instant sugar). I can't see it would do any harm, but might just shake up the metabolism. Any thoughts anyone?

Reactions: Freema

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It would just result in more insulin if I did that - if I stick to low carb then I see the weight come off and my BG reduce week by week, one excess and I am out of ketosis, I have to be really strict and reduce my carbs for several days in order to get back to where I was.

Reactions: Judlepip

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I resently read somewhere that women many women also fight with the problem that womens bodies seem to be able to lower metabolism after excercise to maintain the body , and that women do seem to be choosing not weight training when excercising But more like the types of running and biking . If weight lifting/ training the muscles do burn calories also many hours after excercise and can therefor not slow down metabolism as easy as womens tendency to do that seems to favor .
Well my essense would be that maybe some women are even more prone to have a lowering metabolism when they starve and that they maybe can stop that by putting weigth training into their strategy of loosing weight and then even eat a bit more so they dont wake up a starvation strategy in the body where it will lower metabolism even more to maintain status quo

Last edited:

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Disregard for authority. Noise.
I reviewed my carbs and they were as low as they could reasonably go. But then, when I came off my bi-polar meds the weight started coming off again. Now I'm another 3kg lighter. Lost a total of 16lb altogether in 6 weeks.

Reactions: Hotpepper20000