Type 2 VICTOZA

cott97

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Has anyone any information on VICTOZA I looked on line a saw some worrying stuff from the States
What do you want to know? If you are looking at the pancreas cancer scares - look at the original research. It's a minor rise in risk and then compare to the increased risks you already have she to diabetes and possibly increased weight.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I have been on victoza for 14 months. I have had no problems and no side effects.
The only thing I was warned about was the very rare possibility of cancer of the pancreas.
All drugs list possible side effects. If we all stopped or refuse to take drugs because of the possible side effects, then no body would take drugs.before I started victoza, I was told it was a wonder drug to help lose weight.
This has never happened and to be honest, this has annoyed me.
It has helped with my blood levels though

cott97

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've lost 10kg in 3 months and my blood sugars have halved. For me it has been a wonder drug but I did my research first and made an informed choice.

chewy22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I have been on it for 3 weeks I feel as if I've lost weight but not weighed myself but has helped my blood sugar levels. I have had a few tummy upsets and the runs but was told it will ease