What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, after all yesterday's worrying and a mainly sleepless night, it was a lot like the previous welfare meetings I've had to attend - the only difference was they had a list of all current job vacancies and we went through them all to see if there was a job I could do in my current arthritic state. The only one that fits my qualifications and physical ability is as training and business development manager which doesn't really appeal to me (AND its four grades above my current job) so I know I won't get it but they want me to apply and I'm guaranteed an interview.

And I was so ready to join the ranks of the unemployed.
They have to do this Chook. I went through the same process but in my case they failed to come up with a suitable job as that OH Doctor said I was only fit to do a part time job which did not exist so it was a bit of a pointless exercise, wasting another 2 months, looking for a non existent role.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Red berries with yoghurt

40 minutes swimming

L. Stilton and walnuts

D. Mediterranean vegetables topped with grated cheese and a slice of ham. 3 strawberries and yoghurt.

I have a pomegranate pot for later:)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bug must still be lurking. Legs still bad and woke up in a sweat - went to bed on an 8.2 and woke up to a 7.7. Crept up to 8.2 before I got breakfast down and reversed the trend. Eventually returned to the 6's whether I stay there????
B. 2 scrambled eggs with parsley and 2 rashers crispy streaky bacon. Black Tea.
L. Yesterday's leftover cod loin and sprout/mushroom roast
D. Pork chop with lettuce, 1/2 avocado, 30g M&S Cornish Cove, 3 walnuts and tblsp of Helmanns.
S. Black coffee with a little bit of cream and a Lotus biscuit.
Had to force myself to eat lunch. Really not hungry but couldn't finish it. Dinner I just wanted a salad not veg. Well down on carbs so I doubt 1 Lotus biscuit will do much. Ah well busy day tomorrow - usual school runs, physio and the Eye Pavilion to look forward to. At least I can take my car to Eye Pavilion this time - no blurry vision for 4 hours!

jonniey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5 big beers, 5 slices of bread, 1/4 portion chips, 4 small meat balls, onion and tomato gravy.

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Weds

L: 3 bratwurst chipolatas, bacon, corned beef and black pudding
S: A slice of cheese and a few almonds
D: Chilli con carne coli rice

Reactions: geefull

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: none
L: none
S: none - just two cups of coffeesubstitute and cream, and sevral cups of herb tea during the day. Am really curious about this, because I didn't even notice I wasn't eating until I came to cook supper.
D: 2 Tescos Finest beefburgers, no bap or twiddles, with creamy cabbage (stir fried cabbage with garlic, cream cheese and parmesan stirred in at the last minute)

The apple cake (see pic above) is also about to come out of the oven, so I may have a bit of that now... ;)

fionaclare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Yesterday:

Breakfast- Linseed & oat porridge with Greek yoghurt & strawberries

Lunch - sweet potato, mushroom and peanut stew topped with sour cream

Work function - cheese & red wine

Dinner - pancakes made with linseed meal, coconut flour & almond flour topped with 1/8 banana, strawberries, Greek yogurt & cinnamon. Plus 2 squares dark chocolate

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
Just made some very tasty chicken schnitzel. Made a crumb of some low carb bread crumbs, almond meal, onion flakes, mixed herbs, mustard powder, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese. Dipped in beaten egg, crumbed and fried in olive oil. Served with some lovely runner beans from my friend's garden, carrots & broccolini.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just made some very tasty chicken schnitzel. Made a crumb of some low carb bread crumbs, almond meal, onion flakes, mixed herbs, mustard powder, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese. Dipped in beaten egg, crumbed and fried in olive oil. Served with some lovely runner beans from my friend's garden, carrots & broccolini.

Might give that a try, it sounds good and tasty.

Monday
breakfast - porridge
lunch - veg and tomato soup with basil
dinner - gammon steak with veg curry (aubergine, tomato, onion, garlic, mushrooms, a few cubes of butternut squash and some cauli).

Tuesday
breakfast - porridge
lunch - homemade ham and veg soup
dinner - sausage casserole made with low carb chipolatas, broccoli on the side

Yesterday
breakfast - porridge, made with water, finished with a splash of almond milk and a tbsp of ground flax seed.
lunch - 1 rasher of farm bacon , an egg and a few mushrooms
dinner - chicken stir fry with lots of mushrooms and peppers.

Reactions: Chook

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Breakfast: Frozen blueberries and Asda full fat Greek Style Yoghurt (forgot to defrost the blueberries before putting the yoghurt on so it made a sort of ice cream)

Lunch: Small bag of pork scratchings

Dinner: Spicy Lamb and Apricot burgers and salad and a sour cream, mint and garlic dip and - possibly - the garlic and rosemary foccacia from Diet Doctor or the Diet Doctor Low Carb Naan Bread

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-garlic-rosemary-foccacia/servings/8
https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/low-carb-naan-bread-with-melted-garlic-butter

Snack: Sugar free jelly

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
B. A small can of iced coffee.
L. A coconut on the beach.
S. Probably Pork Noodle soup followed by 4/5 glasses of red wine.

I don't feel the need to eat much here.

Reactions: Brunneria

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We're improving again. Went to bed on 6.8 got up to 7.7 and actually managed to get breakfast down before it got any higher. Been to the physio for my 4 weekly torture (legs feeling a lot better now though) and heading back to Edinburgh in an hour for the joy of the Eye Pavilion.
B. 2 scrambled eggs with parsley , 2 rashers crispy bacon and black coffee with a dash of cream.
L. 1/2 avocado, snack pot M&S king prawns /Marie Rose, 1/2 snack pot chargrilled calamari, 3 walnuts, 24g M&S Cornish Cove cheese.
D. Diet Doctor mushroom and cheese frittata with steamed greens.
And BG falling again.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Red berries with yoghurt

L. Melted Camambert with walnuts

D. Roast chicken, carrots, onion, cabbage and gravy. 3 strawberries with yoghurt.

I have a pomegranate pot in the fridge for later . :)

Reactions: geefull and Chook

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, I may have just proven that you can have too much of a good thing.

Crackling, in this case (slow roasted pork shoulder rind).
Boy was it delicious, but I doubt if I will ever want to eat anything, ever again. Ever.

Reactions: Angelofthemarches

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Boy was it delicious, but I doubt if I will ever want to eat anything, ever again. Ever.
Cake (s)? 85% chocolate ? Crispy chicken Skins? My cold cure (50/50 drambuie and baileys and warmed for about 20secs in the microwave)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Did you do your crackling on the joint, or like scratchings? I must admit there have been times when I have eaten so much crackling myself that the rest of the meal just becomes a side-show.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Scratchings...

When I first did mine low and slow, I was astonished how much easier I found it, rather than watching the rinds go from insipid to charcoal in two shakes of a lambs tail.

I still haven't done the rind I have in the fridge, but may do it tomorrow.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Not so good with my FBG today and I haven't lost any weight over the last week and a half - all really annoying when you're eating 800 calories or under so I'm going to join @maglil55 on her Diet Doctor 2 Weeks Challenge (starting on Sunday) until then I'm sticking with the 800 calories Blood Sugar Diet.

So, today....

Breakfast: 40g blueberries 100g Asda Full Fat Greek Style Yoghurt

Lunch: Nothing

Dinner: Spicy Chicken thigh casserole (with red and yellow peppers in it) with spring greens.