The SCREAM thread

D

debrasue

I was reading two disfunctional prescriptions from two different patronizing podiatrists which prescriptions are necessary for insurance coverage of custom shoes and orthotic inserts.

One of them, the famous podiatrist ws too lazy to actually sign his name and there is a scrawl there. He lists that the conditions I have for custom orthotics and shoes, diabetes, type 2, plantar fasciitis and diabetic neuropathy are all curable and that I may purchase off the shelf products only from a store where I told him during the exam they have nothing comfortable and where they charge twice the going rate for their products.
I hate podiatrists. :grumpy:

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Oh for heaven sake , will whatever is causing my husband's condition please do one and give him a break. His left leg has gone back to the jerking movements.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
We thought he had months ago so neurologist put him on gabapentin but because of the patches he's been on he stopped all other meds . Now it's started again, although RLS was never investigated.

Janiept

Expert
It sounds like RLS which I know personally can drive you nuts. Perhaps a visit to the docs to ask whether he can take the gabapentin again might be useful. Hope it gets sorted

Reactions: tina_marie

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
It sounds like RLS which I know personally can drive you nuts. Perhaps a visit to the docs to ask whether he can take the gabapentin again might be useful. Hope it gets sorted
He's been today for antibiotics for pleurisy. So doctor told him to lay of patches until his chest stops hurting. We might as well move in .

Janiept

Expert
Oh dear that's so wearing when you practically live at the surgery isn't it. Sending positive thoughts for a quick recovery from the painful pleurisy and hope you can get the jerking legs sorted soon too. Let us know how it goes?

Reactions: tina_marie

qe5rt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
God i hate "the holiday season" even something as simple as going to the grocery store becomes hell because of all the people there. Dodging shopping carts on X-mass music makes me go mental, i exited the grocery store with a mood that would make the grinch shiver.

K

Kat100

Moody medical receptionists who did not send of samples to lab for testing a few weeks ago .. feeling annoyed ..

Self checking arriving for appointment.. not alerting you are there for an appointment ..waited for ages before reporting it .

Then having the wrong drugs in your regular medication because they belong to another person x

I get so fed up with the NHS these days ..
Not all the time , just some of the time , like this morning ..

Looking forward to returning medication .. what shall I swap it for :nurse::joyful::cool:

jonniey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Who locked my celibate for life thread, I thought this place was to discuss my issues for people s advice.

hornplayer

One of the administrators locked it.
Trouble was Jonniey, we tried giving you advice and support, but it didn't seem to be what you wanted to hear. We all understand the need to lash out in frustration sometimes, but it's still important to be aware of other people's feelings. Some of the things you said were a bit out of order.
The thread was locked because it just wasn't getting anywhere constructive, it was just winding up into something upsetting for everyone.

D

debrasue

Who locked my celibate for life thread, I thought this place was to discuss my issues for people s advice.
The Moderators appear to have locked your thread because it became clear that you had no interest in listening to anybody's advice and merely wanted a platform to complain from. And actually this forum is for many, many people who want support and advice in order to learn how to manage their diabetes and related problems.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
One of the administrators locked it.
Trouble was Jonniey, we tried giving you advice and support, but it didn't seem to be what you wanted to hear. We all understand the need to lash out in frustration sometimes, but it's still important to be aware of other people's feelings. Some of the things you said were a bit out of order.
The thread was locked because it just wasn't getting anywhere constructive, it was just winding up into something upsetting for everyone.

I dissagree.. I was learning something from that thread. And found it really helpful..?!
For years I've been beating people off with a stick?
Now I realise the way forward is to ditch the empathy, tidy up my image drink more booze & get a bike... ;)

jonniey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Celibate for life was an off topic tread..... after all. I wasn't done speaking my mind