The SCREAM thread

D

debrasue

I dissagree.. I was learning something from that thread. And found it really helpful..?!
For years I've been beating people off with a stick?
Now I realise the way forward is to ditch the empathy, tidy up my image drink more booze & get a bike... ;)
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Reactions: Sable_Jan

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyhows. Getting the thread back "on topic"?!

Crank this old classic upto 11..

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It has been 4 months from being on here (reading rather than posting etc)

First message left about low carbs... on a low carbs page (I believe) and got jumped on by someone judging me as a parent! as a low carber! as a meat eater! Wow. I didn't pass judgement on them so why do people think it is fine to verbally attack others who don't hold the same beliefs and views? feel really bad for coming back on now!

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging

First message left about low carbs... on a low carbs page (I believe) and got jumped on by someone judging me as a parent! as a low carber! as a meat eater! Wow. I didn't pass judgement on them so why do people think it is fine to verbally attack others who don't hold the same beliefs and views? feel really bad for coming back on now!

Hi @ busydiabeticmum,there are a lot of very good people on this forum,please don't let the odd one put you off being here and enjoying the help and support of this forum ,the posters on " what are you doing right now" will welcome you with pleasure,clive

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter

Have you bought this to the attention of the admin maybe @catherinecherub could help with this
bullying of any type is not tolerated on this forum and I am sorry that you have had this experience on your first postings like Clive said the majority of us will gladly help you with any help or advice you need

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you bought this to the attention of the admin maybe @catherinecherub could help with this
bullying of any type is not tolerated on this forum and I am sorry that you have had this experience on your first postings like Clive said the majority of us will gladly help you with any help or advice you need
Actually she got involved really quickly and sorted everything... PMed me to make sure I was OK. It was really lovely. Thank you.

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
well, I really like your posts so at least you have an audience of one.

I think that some individuals only post on this forum to win imaginary games and to have some illusion of superiority at the expense of others. But there are plenty of joyful and communal benefits to the forum that balance people here for the wrong reason. I kind of find it irritating to watch people who never talk about diabetes but that's minor
Thank you.
I was upset and couldn't sleep for a bit but had a cup of tea and take it on the chin, @Juicyj was really lovely so it wasn't until I spoke to her that I was able to sleep!

I don't like it when people try to put us in boxes.
The book my son was working from had :
Fruit and veg (most healthy eat most of): included CHIPS
Carbs: (next healthy to eat a lot of) bread, pasta, rice
Meat: included fish (not so healthy only eat a little!
Fat and sugar: this included all dairy products so cheese, yoghurt, butter along side sweets chocolate, cakes and biscuits!
There was just too much to change so I skipped that page and went on to plants...

It is heartbreaking to think this is what is being passed as "healthy" and wondering about the future health of our kids!

My kids eat a healthy Mediterranean diet so to teach them that actually chips is more of a healthy diet... arch that will just undo all the good work I have done!

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Thank you.
I was upset and couldn't sleep for a bit but had a cup of tea and take it on the chin, @Juicyj was really lovely so it wasn't until I spoke to her that I was able to sleep!

I don't like it when people try to put us in boxes.
The book my son was working from had :
Fruit and veg (most healthy eat most of): included CHIPS
Carbs: (next healthy to eat a lot of) bread, pasta, rice
Meat: included fish (not so healthy only eat a little!
Fat and sugar: this included all dairy products so cheese, yoghurt, butter along side sweets chocolate, cakes and biscuits!
There was just too much to change so I skipped that page and went on to plants...

It is heartbreaking to think this is what is being passed as "healthy" and wondering about the future health of our kids!

My kids eat a healthy Mediterranean diet so to teach them that actually chips is more of a healthy diet... arch that will just undo all the good work I have done!
The main thing I have learned since joining this forum is no one thing is the same for all of us and what might work for me may not be good for you it's all about learning what's good for you with regular testing but some help and advice can be a good thing .
What you read in books and magazines is so out of date .

Reactions: Freema

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi,

Just seen this.. Not condoning any "judgment". Sometimes people are reading this forum from a mobile device like a phone?
They see what they (think they) see & "knejerk" a reaction..
That's why "memes" are so popular on media like Facebook it's savvy media manipulation for those who can't fit "war & peace on a tiny vocal communication device.. It's easy to pick up & respond on a phone... By the time a PC has booted? More thought has gone into a response... If at all...? ;)

Stick with us. Your profile is self explanatory on an iPad.. :D

Reactions: Freema

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

Just seen this.. Not condoning any "judgment". Sometimes people are reading this forum from a mobile device like a phone?
They see what they (think they) see & "knejerk" a reaction..
That's why "memes" are so popular on media like Facebook it's savvy media manipulation for those who can't fit "war & peace on a tiny vocal communication device.. It's easy to pick up & respond on a phone... By the time a PC has booted? More thought has gone into a response... If at all...? ;)

Stick with us. Your profile is self explanatory on an iPad.. :D
Lol, I am on my phone! I don't have a computer or anything else ... the screen is large enough though sometimes especially last night it was struggling to load the pages... the other problem is it doesn't load other responses until you reload! This means you answer something and are always a step or 2 behind.
The response was lovely though, and I don't believe (truly) in cutting off people. I may be angry for a while but I will always try to change opinions... which is difficult to do if you have blocked/ignore them... ;-)