trying to getting a grip

carlos

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
people with no sense of humor and take life to serious
since last november wen a very good freind of mine passed away have somewhat lost the plot got of tablets and got an hsblc of 6.3 have just completely lost it feel very stupid and am kickin myself last couple of wk have started to snap out of it and have started checkin bs again am very dissapointed with myself they are avg around 11 8.9 have today took a big step and rang my docs explained wat s gone on and they were very understanding and have made an apoiuntment for another blood test thurs morn will take it from there dont hold much hope and will most prob end up bck on tablets but am more determined again now and maybe bein bck on tabs would help as at least in the bck of your mind theres always that voice saying no i dont want to winge but i just feel totally gutted this really is or i think im just starting to realise an ilness thats not goin to go away

mazbee

Losing your good friend probably sent you into a depressive state.

This happened to my lovely mom-in-law.

Bereavement and loss take their toll.

It is good that you are becoming aware of your problems again.
I hope you get back to your original self and readings very soon.

I am sure your Dr will support you in this.

theblokefromstoke

Dislikes
Pizza (makes my BG go through the roof), Pasta & potatoes.
Hi Carlos,

Don't be so hard on yourself mate. You have had a lot to deal with personally and sometimes you need some time out of it for your own sake.

You have taken the right steps now and will soon be back on top of it.

Carl

PS - your weight loss is fab. What a great achievement

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Hi Carlos. :)

Sorry you have been so down, atb for your appointment at the doctors this morning; let us know how you get on. :)

carlos

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
people with no sense of humor and take life to serious
ye thanks have sorta started snaping out of it and gettin a grip anyway been to docs latest one with my bs were 8.2 all things considered dont think that is sky high not good and needs sorting been put bck on one meterformin sr and told to go bck in 4 wk so will wait and see

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Hello again Carlos. :D

You may well find that going back to basics with the advice Ken or /sue post for new T2s, usually in the Greetings thread, would be the best way to go. Start again with keeping a food diary and noting your self test readings as it really does concentrate the mind. Lots of walks and exercise will also help you and will release those endorphins too! 8)

Hope all goes well, let us know how you get on. :)