Weekly weigh in - Fridays

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
20/1 - Good Morning and Well Done to all those who have lost weight:). I have put on 4 lbs since last Friday and weigh in at 13 stone 8 lbs (for 7 weeks remained at 13st 4lbs) - I am just 'shocked' and can only think/blame it on the Forusemide (Diuretic) Tablet being stopped a week ago because of suspected Gout in my left Ankle?:woot:
I can't take furosemide (or aspirin) because of gout-I take lisinopril instead.

Reactions: Freema

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I just nipped down to the 7/11 store on the corner and if their musical scales are to be believed my weigh today is 63.6 kg.
1 kg or about 2 lbs down from last Friday. And I would be at my target weight of 140 lbs again. i just hope I can maintain that when I get home next week.

Reactions: AnnJohnston

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Weighing in on a Friday morning:

This week: 100.0 kg (27 Jan 2017)
Last week: 101.1 kg
Starting Weight: 134 kg (4 Sept 2016)
Weekly weight loss: 1.1 kg
Total weight loss: 134 kg

Nearly into double figures!!!! :happy:

My friend has stopped measuring in kg and now does it in Baked beans. You've lost over 80 cans!! Imagine carrying that around with you all day!! Well done

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Looking forward to friday's weigh-in. I hope I'm not disappointed. Bathroom floor not great for my sensitive scales. I might have to find a better floor.
Hurray, hurray, hurray
I've lost.
130.70kgs this morning, I checked twice. Maybe metformin making a difference, at last.
Was 133.70 so lost 3kgs = 6.6lb this week. Water retention tried it on last night then decided otherwise. :) :) :)

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
Hurray, hurray, hurray
I've lost.
130.70kgs this morning, I checked twice. Maybe metformin making a difference, at last.
Was 133.70 so lost 3kgs = 6.6lb this week. Water retention tried it on last night then decided otherwise. :) :) :)
:) So happy for you!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A LOSS,!!
I weighed a few hours earlier than last week before ablusions and I'm 132.70kg so loss of 0.5kg = approx 1lb.
I've sweated like a beast this week too. Virus.
I hope I lose more next week?
Ooops!
I was 132.70 not 133.70 last week.
So lost 4.4lb this week.
But 6.6lb loss in 2 weeks :) :) :)
I'm delighted. Shame back pain hadnt improved, its got worse!

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
80 kg today 1 kg down since last Friday

3300 calories burned in fitness last week 2 days , in average eaten 1500 calories pro day

Reactions: Prem51

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
80 kg today 1 kg down since last Friday

3300 calories burned in fitness last week 2 days , in average eaten 1500 calories pro day
I'm hoping I can get very active again. I have everything set up, they just need ME.
I'll feel reborn if cardiologist can get rid of my breathlessness. Physio fix my back pain too.
I'm so needy at mo.
I've been sooooo independant its not funny anymore.
Well at least I can do my diet part. ;)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm hoping I can get very active again. I have everything set up, they just need ME.
I'll feel reborn if cardiologist can get rid of my breathlessness. Physio fix my back pain too.
I'm so needy at mo.
I've been sooooo independant its not funny anymore.
Well at least I can do my diet part. ;)

yes it is so easy when one do not have all those issues on top of all the others.... but most of us only realize it when we got imobilized from something serious...
I hope you´ll get much better soon... big hug from me ickihun and yes it is a serious handicapping condition to have breathlessness then one can not do almost any excercise...

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

Inchindown

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Good news for me this morning.

Lost another kilogram this week. This brings my total weight-loss to 8 kilograms in the 8 weeks since I was diagnosed as type 2.

My starting weight was 113 kg and now down to 105.

AnnJohnston

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Stayed the same this week although I've pretty much done the same as last two weeks diet wise. Although I did have a hypo on Wednesday night meaning I had to eat to bring my levels back up. I've had to take a bit more insulin though and it turns out I'm type 1 not type 2. Actually maybe I've not had the same week as previous two lol. I'm just glad I'm not gaining and I'm working on carb counting and getting my sugars stable.

Reactions: SWUSA_ and Prem51

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
27/1 - Good Morning. Have lost 2 lbs since last Friday and weigh in at 13 stone 6 lbs.:)
@mo53 - 're-started the Forusemide (Diuretic) only took it for 4 days, now stopped and back on Dapagliflozin = the weight and HBA1C should start to decrease now? (Fingers crossed).
Well Done to Everybody :).

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Can I join in please? I have managed to be reasonably good since diagnosis T2 in September but we had guests yesterday and I gorged on nuts. DH has his birthday Sunday so we are going out for a meal Saturday, Cosmo Sunday and a medieval banquet on Friday. I do intend to be careful and DH is quite happy for the contents of his plate to be rearranged to suit me but this could be the start of something bad.

I am 5ft 4. Currently weigh 81.1 kg. Want to lose another 2 stone . Waist 38. On 20 September I was 14st something
Blood pressure 97 66 83. In Sept I was HBa1c 51.

Is there a rule of thumb about how much weight I would have to lose to get a waist of 31? Until age 35 I was a skinny strip of wind and I totally refuse to be like that again.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@JohnEGreen - Well Done on your weight :).
2 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter has around 190 calories, 16 grams of Fat (3 grams of Saturated Fat) 8 grams of Protein, 3 grams of Sugar.
It is a great source of Omega-6 fatty acid, good for Bones and Metabolism. Enjoy:).

My favourites are Walnuts and Unsalted Cashew Nuts.

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
27/1 - Good Morning. Have lost 2 lbs since last Friday and weigh in at 13 stone 6 lbs.:)
@mo53 - 're-started the Forusemide (Diuretic) only took it for 4 days, now stopped and back on Dapagliflozin = the weight and HBA1C should start to decrease now? (Fingers crossed).
Well Done to Everybody :).
Well done @Liam1955 :) :) :)