Fanta Zero.......beware!

Deespee23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK so I know that diet drinks are frowned on in some quarters, but I use them quite a lot (they are better for me than beer :() - but I've just noticed that whereas before "Carbohydrates" were listed as "trace", now they are quoted as being "<.5g" per 100 ml - meaning that potentially, 1 litre of drink could contain up to 4.99g of sugar. This puts a right spanner into my 20g carbs a day diet - I wonder when this change actually occurred, and how much sugar I have unknowingly consumed! Apparently, "Zero" doesn't actually mean "Zero" anymore......:mad:!!!!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Oh well... time to give up fuelling with chemicals??

Reactions: zand

MikePea

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Garlic
Glad you noticed. Usual advertisers lies and false statements. I'm sticking to sparkling water. (I wonder if that is safe ?):angelic:

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK so I know that diet drinks are frowned on in some quarters, but I use them quite a lot (they are better for me than beer :() - but I've just noticed that whereas before "Carbohydrates" were listed as "trace", now they are quoted as being "<.5g" per 100 ml - meaning that potentially, 1 litre of drink could contain up to 4.99g of sugar. This puts a right spanner into my 20g carbs a day diet - I wonder when this change actually occurred, and how much sugar I have unknowingly consumed! Apparently, "Zero" doesn't actually mean "Zero" anymore......:mad:!!!!

If you feel the diet drinks are the lesser evil, then I can see how that works for you.

How crucial is the <20gr carb a day to you? Is it really catastrophic that you may have been consuming <20gr + worst case scenario, based on your calculation 4.99gr carbs, provided you are achieving the results you desire?

Surely the results are what drives you, after taking the associated potential risk of sweeteners, and other factors (such as budget and overall lifestyle) into account?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
From what I read years ago.... Fanta was developed by the Nazis to counteract the American influence of the "Coke" company during the war... (Or 1936 Olympics.) Disney also championed Fanta during the 1970s & 80s?? With advertising... Now owned by Coke...?

In short... Don't believe "the hype."

Don't Mind me... Got my David Icke head on..... ;) Normally this only happens when low....!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Unusually. I got hold of a 600m bottle of diet orange Fanta at a cinema last Sunday viewing "Rogue one". It was either that or diet cherry Coke? From the fridge .. (From memory.) or I could of had "tap" Coke from the counter..? &'we all know how the mess ups from button pressing can be made regarding the "draughtt"mother ship beverage can be made... Lol

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Blimey, how did you fit it in the auditorium???
Those drink holders in the seats are ruddy generous..

Seriously? I appreciate the "heads up". Not that I usually do Fanta..

... Or Masonic lodges for that matter. ;)

Last edited:
S

Shar67

Glad you noticed. Usual advertisers lies and false statements. I'm sticking to sparkling water. (I wonder if that is safe ?):angelic:

No it isn't, 100% of people who drink water die, sometimes it can take years and years before it happens:pompous:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No it isn't, 100% of people who drink water die, sometimes it can take years and years before it happens:pompous:

Isn't that normally caused by "inhaling" too much water...? Learning to swim can slow the process... :p

Deespee23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This....
upload_2017-1-28_0-18-42.png

Not this.....
upload_2017-1-28_0-23-3.png

Deespee23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
But that shop only serves "local" people......seriously, though, I am so pee'd off by this, I am gonna email Coca-Cola tomorrow to complain....let's see what sort of BS they come up with to explain this away - surely sugar cannot be cheaper than synthetic zero-carb (and zero-calorie!) alternatives.

PS - do you remember "a can of coke, please?"....."I CAN I CAN'T? ????? EDWARD!!!!" :)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

But that shop only serves "local" people......seriously, though, I am so pee'd off by this, I am gonna email Coca-Cola tomorrow to complain....let's see what sort of BS they come up with to explain this away - surely sugar cannot be cheaper than synthetic zero-carb (and zero-calorie!) alternatives.

PS - do you remember "a can of coke, please?"....."I CAN I CAN'T? ????? EDWARD!!!!" :)
Good luck with that. You'll be emailing the company that puts fish in Lilt :yuck: