There is a cure.. how come nobody does this?

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Put me down.
My mind is open to any ideas that can help others, even if I can't see a personal benefit.
Not all diabetics are the same mindset.
Well, I don't know.... I don't want to have muscles where I don't currently have em...I want to look like a woman not an over large Ken doll

I know not all those who are diabetic have the same mind set... I was only speaking for myself

Reactions: Prem51

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Well, I don't know.... I don't want to have muscles where I don't currently have em...I want to look like a woman not an over large Ken doll

I know not all those who are diabetic have the same mind set... I was only speaking for myself

Well, I don't look like Mr Blobby anymore, so I guess each to his, or her, own.

Reactions: Djstevesire

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Like all things in life, cultural differences are an issue.
Whether you are in the majority, or minority, it's hard to accept the advice doesn't apply.
If it applied to you, you see yourself in the majority, and it's to be encouraged.
But, I don't think you are.
I see myself as an (ex) fat bloke.
I ate my way to being diabetic.
So, if I'm in the 80%, if we can be easily fixed, all the resource can be put into the other 20%.
But fixing me won't fix you, but I can be fixed more easily, so I needed to get my head out of my a**e and fix it , (with a bit of help).
So it's not a p**sing match, it's shifting those that can be shifted, then spending the money were it's needed.
Then it gets better for everyone.
Yes I agree with you. What is upsetting though is when someone from the 80% group feels somehow superior because 'it' whatever 'it' is worked for them and therefore the 20% of us must be doing it wrong. I am doing my best to control my T2 and take exception to someone who isn't diabetic telling me that because something works for them it will work for me. Yep, I'm out of this one now. :)

Reactions: ziggy_w

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Yes I agree with you. What is upsetting though is when someone from the 80% group feels somehow superior because 'it' whatever 'it' is worked for them and therefore the 20% of us must be doing it wrong. I am doing my best to control my T2 and take exception to someone who isn't diabetic telling me that because something works for them it will work for me. Yep, I'm out of this one now. :)

We don't feel superior.
We're just clearing the dross out, so those with problems that aren't simply troughing out get attention.
We know who we are, we know how we got here.

But, if we address it, we're no longer sucking out resource that could be used elsewhere.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We don't feel superior.
We're just clearing the dross out, so those with problems that aren't simply troughing out get attention.
We know who we are, we know how we got here.

But, if we address it, we're no longer sucking out resource that could be used elsewhere.
You may not feel superior, but the OP certainly does. I have no argument with you (this time) douglas lol, just the OP's claim that he has found the cure for all of us.

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Suffice to say, every T2 is in a position to improve their lot with some effort and commitment and a will to be well. Some try harder than others, some have better success than others, some really couldn't care less what kind of burden they become to their family and social care. Reversed or controlled is irrelevant, if you've been T2 before, sure as eggs is eggs you can be T2 again, That cannot be argued with.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
You may not feel superior, but the OP certainly does. I have no argument with you (this time) douglas lol, just the OP's claim that he has found the cure for all of us.

I think the internet is a bad thing to express emotions.
You can try to help, but the written sentence can't express the body language that a face to face discussion can.

Sometimes, it's needed to look beyond the actual words written, and to imagine the person in front of you.
Imagine them trying to help, and not being simply confrontational.
No one in life sets out to be your enemy, a complete stranger will always be your friend.
(ok, the Daily Mail is keen to report on the 0.00000001% who doesn't follow this rule, but you need to live to 100001 years to find them)
Everyone here has baggage, we need to dump the baggage, we need to help them carry it, sometimes we need to simply have a controlled explosion.

Reactions: Djstevesire

Djstevesire

Why don't you do a bit of research with real live diabetics and see what happens. Don't expect you will find any volunteers from this forum!

I don't even need to ....the research has already been done.. and it was successful with every single subject that finished the diet...

And you answered my question..

i see now why The ones who choose to be free of t2d.. and there are others who simply won't do what it takes and choose to live with it.

There are several people who are now free of diabetes using this method in this board. If you haven't tried it.. and you know it works.. what is your excuse?
To claim that it doesn't work for evrybody?

How do you know this? and if you never tried it how can you speak on its efficacy?

Djstevesire

I think I will pass on your ideas OP.... I don't want to be a muscle bound object... I prefer doing it the LCHF way. You carry on and enjoy your way...but please.. do not try to force feed us with the information you seem to have so industriously acquired. What works for you may work for you alone...have you ever considered that!

1. So your saying since you don't choose to use this method.. that No one else should be helped with it? That's kinda selfish..

2. Why and how you you become musclebound? Do you think people just become musclebound? Please share that with me.. last time I checked it takes years of dedicated hard work.

3.you want to not do it that's fine. I HAVE NO DOG IN THIS FIGHT..I could care less what you do with your body...my original question was why aren't people using this? I was wondering why would people not use a method that has a good chance of working..

I never said it was the best or only way.
I actually didn't say anything about it..
But these are the replies I'm getting..
It literally makes NO sense..
why are some you guys so offended.

kittypoker

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I think the internet is a bad thing to express emotions.
You can try to help, but the written sentence can't express the body language that a face to face discussion can.

Sometimes, it's needed to look beyond the actual words written, and to imagine the person in front of you.
Imagine them trying to help, and not being simply confrontational.
No one in life sets out to be your enemy, a complete stranger will always be your friend.
(ok, the Daily Mail is keen to report on the 0.00000001% who doesn't follow this rule, but you need to live to 100001 years to find them)
Everyone here has baggage, we need to dump the baggage, we need to help them carry it, sometimes we need to simply have a controlled explosion.

You're absolutely right. The original post was quite simple and, I believe, trying to be helpful. If the obese drop weight by whatever method, their chance of reversing their T2D is maximised. Do I have that right? Everything else has been a bit of fluff.

Mind, the conversation over the last 8 or so pages has been engaging, interesting, and entertaining!

Reactions: Prem51

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a very skinny male friend who has just been diagnosed with type 2. He's lost even more weight and is about 9 stones now, far too little for his frame. How does he fit into this scenario ?

kittypoker

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have a very skinny male friend who has just been diagnosed with type 2. He's lost even more weight and is about 9 stones now, far too little for his frame. How does he fit into this scenario ?

I'm sure someone with much more experience (or any!) can give more info, but is it possible he's actually T1 or LADA? And not every T2 is obese, only about 80%. It can be a genetic predisposition, as I understand it.

Reactions: daisyduck

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm sure someone with much more experience (or any!) can give more info, but is it possible he's actually T1 or LADA? And not every T2 is obese, only about 80%. It can be a genetic predisposition, as I understand it.
They did think that and he's been to hospital for all the tests. They still say he's type 2 and have told him to try and gain some weight ! He's been slim all his life but is far too thin now.

kittypoker

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
They did think that and he's been to hospital for all the tests. They still say he's type 2 and have told him to try and gain some weight ! He's been slim all his life but is far too thin now.

How on earth is he supposed to gain weight if it's dropping off him? I seem to remember that a GAD (?) test can tell the difference between T1 and T2. They need to sort it out, because they are very, very different diseases (as you well know) which need different treatments. He'll need (I think) insulin if he's T1/LADA. It can be diet helped but not diet-controlled.

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How on earth is he supposed to gain weight if it's dropping off him? I seem to remember that a GAD (?) test can tell the difference between T1 and T2. They need to sort it out, because they are very, very different diseases (as you well know) which need different treatments. He'll need (I think) insulin if he's T1/LADA. It can be diet helped but not diet-controlled.

It is very puzzling. His Hb reading wasn't too bad, 53 I think and he has a fairly good appetite. Recently retired and mid sixties. He's been poked, prodded and tested. They do seem to be trying everything.. I think they are baffled too.

kittypoker

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
It is very puzzling. His Hb reading wasn't too bad, 53 I think and he has a fairly good appetite. Recently retired and mid sixties. He's been poked, prodded and tested. They do seem to be trying everything.. I think they are baffled too.

He's about my age so young! ;)

Setting aside the possibility of the Big C, which they would have found, could he be depressed and not eating as much as he tells you? An ulcer disrupting his tummy? It could be that T1 is the most likely candidate if everything else has been discounted.

If it's T1, at least it can be treated, and treated very well these days. And he has you to help him understand that it's a completely controllable condition. You do it brilliantly with T2, and so can he with whatever is eventually diagnosed.

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I think it's important to understand that everyone has their own journey with this disease. To flatly say everyone can reverse their diabetes is not technically true. I controlled my diabetes for 7 years on diet alone, so yes it can be done. But then things progressed and diet control just didn't work any longer. I applaud those that are fortunate enough to control their diabetes for years on end without much fuss. Perhaps some in this boat only have diabetes to deal with too... some of us have a lot more health issues to deal with. I started reading this discussion thread and the overall consensus is those that have reversed their type 2 have done so by altering their diet... good it means you've changed your eating habits which in turn has helped your blood sugars. Always be on the look out for changes.... they can happen like they did with me. In other words don't become complacent. Diabetes in my experience doesn't go away and I was diagnosed type 2 in 1998.

Last edited:

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have my diabetes under control - fasting blood in the low 4's and keep it below 7 by eating carefully

I weigh 66kg, have a 29" waist and a body fat percentage of 9%

Am I cured? No, because If I eat even a small slice of pizza, pastry or mashed potatoes my blood shoots up into the teens

To be honest, I'm shocked that this thread has been allowed to continue as it has because one of the key things on here (or so I understood) was not to engage in the blame game.

However, we clearly have at least one member on this thread blaming those of us who haven't cured our diabetes for not being able to do it