B 12 deficiency

Fragilewend

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I received appointment for these tests I have cancelled them. Not going to happen that's my choice.

Reactions: Freema
A

Avocado Sevenfold

My nan had pernicious anaemia. It was not caused by lack of B12 in her diet. It was an autoimmune disease and made her unable to absorb B12. It was a serious condition.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I received appointment for these tests I have cancelled them. Not going to happen that's my choice.

So sad... I hope you can be ok after making this decision.

I would say "ask your GP to continue monitoring you" but as you have ignored their advice of a minor op, I'm not sur if they will.

I hope that they will because a sudden sharp constant rise in B12 can be an indicator of organ/breast cancer..

Your decision, I fear that you could face a lot more surgical intervention in the future... I hope not.

Fragilewend

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I do understand what you all are saying but I'm very fearful of procedures and will do anything to avoid them. If the worst happens so be it.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I do understand what you all are saying but I'm very fearful of procedures and will do anything to avoid them. If the worst happens so be it.

I've had a colonoscopy, and it's not as bad as it sounds.

But I can understand where you are coming from, and if you aren't able to have the procedure normally, it can be done under an anesthetic I believe. And the consultant will understand that, so speak to them, and leave the door open for the future.
Keep in contact with them though, and all the best for sorting this out.

Reactions: azure

Fragilewend

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you but anaesthetic I'm more afraid of. Not an option for me nor sedation. Eek

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you but anaesthetic I'm more afraid of. Not an option for me nor sedation. Eek

it is almost like sleeping , and there isn´t hardly any faults in anaesthetic and there is a nurse looking just for that the under the whole procedure

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.

Doubt very much that you'll
Manage to go all your life without one anaesthetic!!

I fear the emptying stomach and colon more than any anaesthetic!!

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Yep, anesthetics today are much more improved. You don't have to be completely under any more, it's basically light sedation, no worries basically. Of course, nothing is risk free, but it's pretty close to it. Depending on the procedure.

Still, we all decide and choose what we'll accept and some tests are not always needed. It happens, but in general there is a reason. Seems like a biopsy is wanted to confirm a condition. You don't have to, but it might make life a little harder if you reject procedures out of fear... I think most of us have that fear factor when it comes to certain things being done.

Only problem I see and I'm not saying you should or shouldn't accept it, but it seems some people just reject a procedure and say I'll live with the consequences. Problem is, sometimes those people have absolutely no clue what or how serious the consequences can be.

Reactions: donnellysdogs

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
If the worst happens so be it.

Trouble being that the worst "option" is possibly going to be even more horrible. Your logic is a little bit flaky to say the least, even going to a doctor in the first place was a waste of NHS resources if you're not willing to take the doctor's advice. Doctors have a tendency to run tests to find out what the problem is rather than "guess".

I use a different logic, I like living, even with it's minor inconveniences, like in the last 4 years alone there's 6 colonoscopies, 1 transfusion of 4 units plus 4 litres saline, 1 laperotomy (burst appendix and peritonitis), 2 knee replacements and the thing I hate most? The injection before a tooth extraction! The rest was a piece of cake, well several pieces of cake really.

Reactions: donnellysdogs

Fragilewend

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for your concern I did not ask to be referred to a Consultant I was referred due to a blood test. I told consultant I didn't want these procedures but she wasn't listening. Maybe she will now. Maybe not.