Weekly weigh in - Fridays

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Didn't get to 7stone (couldn't eat enough !)But I found my pound 6 stone 9 again onwards and upwards
CAROL

Reactions: Prem51 and SWUSA_

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
10 stone 10 Lbs this morning that's a pound down on last week almost 8 stone lost since I started at 18 stone 7 Lbs

@Liam1955 The only way I can eat nuts these days is as peanut butter or such like would that still work.
They make almond butter,hazelnut butter and other nut butters also. I think it's the fat and fiber and since you are trying to stabilize your weight I think it would be good for you to add some peanut butter or other nut butter.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hurray, hurray, hurray
I've lost.
130.70kgs this morning, I checked twice. Maybe metformin making a difference, at last.
Was 133.70 so lost 3kgs = 6.6lb this week. Water retention tried it on last night then decided otherwise. :) :) :)
Weighed myself this morning for FLO and I'm 132.50kg so water retention giving me 5lb more weight today. Last night was horrendeous retention.
Lets see what friday morning says after all extra meds for coronary angiogram tomorrow.

Reactions: Angelofthemarches

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well I don't know what I've been worried about, had appointment with doctor this morning and he thinks my weight is perfect in fact he thinks I am still slightly over weight so maybe if I can get down to nine stone I'll be OK

Mind you he did weigh me with all my gear on including my parka,jumper, trousers,shirt, thermals and boots .

Thus computing my BMI at 25.00 I'm 5 foot eight and actually according to my scales 10 stone 10 pounds but hay ho will try and lose some more weight. oh and he says I don't need a C-pep test as I am obviously producing plenty of insulin.

Last edited:
Reactions: SWUSA_ and Prem51

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
I'm now down to 16 stone 9 pounds. Just 3 stone 13 pounds to ideal weight. I hope to hit this before my 59th birthday in mid August.

Hi @krs1958 - A lot of Forum Members follow the LCHF Diet = are you too?

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Well I don't know what I've been worried about, had appointment with doctor this morning and he thinks my weight is perfect in fact he thinks I am still slightly over weight so maybe if I can get down to nine stone I'll be OK

Mind you he did weigh me with all my gear on including my parka,jumper, shirt, thermals and boots .

Thus computing my BMI at 25.00 I'm 5 foot eight and actually according to my scales 10 stone 10 pounds but hay ho will try and lose some more weight. oh and he says I don't need a C-pep test as I am obviously producing plenty of insulin..

Hi @JohnEGreen - I am the same height as you, and I was told by the Diabetologist that I should weigh 11stone 4 lbs.
If you were to have removed all your gear I reckon you would have been 10 stone 10 lbs = spot on!:)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Yes I weighed my self a couple of hours before I saw him and that's what I weighed.

And blood sugars have gone loopy today evening meal pre meal 6.5 hour later 10.7 an hour and a half after that 4.7 not sure what's going on, less than 80 g of carbs all day.

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
13 stone 2 pounds on gym scale yesterday-I gained 1 pound. This is not the direction I want to go in but I am okay with a 1 pound variation-it has been a heck of a week.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yes I weighed my self a couple of hours before I saw him and that's what I weighed.

And blood sugars have gone loopy today evening meal pre meal 6.5 hour later 10.7 an hour and a half after that 4.7 not sure what's going on, less than 80 g of carbs all day.
Keep an eye out for a temperature.
Mind u none diabetic spike in an hour!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Water rention wasn't as bad last night but no weigh-in today unless they weigh me before angiogram. They have appointed me some assistance for 2hrs before scan to get me ready. I'm so slow these days. I'll be puffing and panting like a gooden. :(
Trying to avoid more drugs in my system by running my bg lower than normal. I hope it makes a difference, we'll see.
It's a long time til friday. Eyes and feet check on thursday too. Feet softened in time. :) A load of dry skin lately. Butter, cheese and cream I would have thought would oil me up! Ha ha

Reactions: Liam1955

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been away from this forum for some time. In That time my weight has increased to 76.4 and the waist size is42inches. Trying to restart on LCHF since mid January.
Hello. Welcome back.:)