Tight foreskin!

andy williams

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was circumcised following balanitis in my mid-thirties.

It's a doddle. I was done under general. Day surgery and the stitches dissolve in a week. I was 'back in the saddle' in a week.

To be brutally frank, I much prefer being circumcised (and her indoors thinks it looks better) and if I had known what it was like I'd have had it done years before.

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was circumcised shortly after birth due to hypospadias. No big deal, having lived with it, majority of women prefer it, much more hygienic too.

Reactions: Liam1955
Type of diabetes
Type 2
I had this problem for ages which I think was caused by having to take huge amounts of Antibiotics for months for Leg Ulcers and Foot things, half of right foot has been amputated now. Best cure is a 14 day course of Fluconazole tbs. Mine got that bad it split open and bled and was unbelievably painful and insanely itchy as well. I've been clear of it for over 18 months thank God!!!

Reactions: iainf1

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Most GP prescribe Clotrimazole Cream which is usually effective for the Penis Head and Foreskin and this cream can be bought over the Chemist Counter too.

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
Hi I'm type 2 and recently I have been suffering from a tight foreskin which will not pull back over the head. Does anyone else suffer from this and if so how did u treat it :(
I had this problem for ages which I think was caused by having to take huge amounts of Antibiotics for months for Leg Ulcers and Foot things, half of right foot has been amputated now. Best cure is a 14 day course of Fluconazole tbs. Mine got that bad it split open and bled and was unbelievably painful and insanely itchy as well. I've been clear of it for over 18 months thank God!!!
Most GP prescribe Clotrimazole Cream which is usually effective for the Penis Head and Foreskin and this cream can be bought over the Chemist Counter too.
I had this problem in 1965 at the age of 7. I made my way to the surgery to see Dr Smith (Shoreham-by-sea) who was a portly "Georgian" squire enveloped in smoke. He asked me what the problem was and I replied "There's something the matter with my little thing"
"Well get it out then boy." I had already been type 1 for 6 years and poorly controlled. Dr Smith gave me Betnovate cream and it did the trick. However, I had to use it regularly throughout my childhood and adolescence since it recurred, accompanied by a fungal itch. When I finally got a glucometer the size of a housebrick in 1978, my control improved dramatically and, thank God, so did the problem! I'm afraid that keeping a good HbA1C really is the answer to fending off all that diabetes throws at you. I eventually said goodbye to it in August 2013 when I had a Kidney/Pancreas transplant at Addenbrooke's Hospital Cambridge. I have written Fifty Years of Malfunction to raise money to pay the Transplant Centre. So far I have sold 189 copies

Reactions: dmckatana

murphysp72

It has a lot to do with gut flora. You can do one of two things, (or both if you want to stop getting thrush and hence go down the NHS's cheapest fix which is to circumcise.) Firstly, drink lots of water. This keeps the 'churn' up and is good for working both the liver and kidneys but also flushes out some of the bacteria that causes candida from the stomach. Second is to 're-balance' your system. Yeast infections are usually caused by overloads of bacteria that get in the gut, so a slight change in diet can really help. Fermentation, yeast and sugary food items cause bad bacteria to build up and feed off the deposits in the gut and hence produce problems. Try laying off the beer, vinegars, breads, soy and anything else that contain yeast, coke, (yes, even diet coke contains food for the bacteria to feed off) sugar free chewing gum and anything else that says "free". It's not as far as the bacteria goes. Look at consuming live, PLAIN yogurt that has acidophilus, bidfidus or lactobacillus cultures. Avoid the sugary ones.If you want to share stories about your experience from here on in, please do at: health-shared.com
This is my experience only and I am not a healthcare professional, just a 'Pro-patient! Cheers. S.