I'm getting my pump tomorrow

groucho74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
good luck tomorrow.

concentrate on the cannula insertion tomorrow and definitely play round with the pump during the next 7 days whilst you are on the saline.

Reactions: blueeyed81

blueeyed81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
good luck tomorrow.

concentrate on the cannula insertion tomorrow and definitely play round with the pump during the next 7 days whilst you are on the saline.
Thank you, I'll be playing with the buttons and everything else lol

groucho74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
there's a really good NHS video about inserting the cannula -
I used this the first time I did a set change at home

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
good luck tomorrow.

Is the OP starting on saline, lots of clinics go live straight onto insulin

asa35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Omg, omg, omg....

I get my pump tomorrow eeeeeeeek.

I know you guys will know how exciting this is :) :)

I can't wait...

Is there anything in particular I need to ask or will everything more or less be covered ??

Kelly :)
Hi @blueeyed81, great news for you. Which pump are you getting (sorry if I missed earlier threads). I started a Medtronic 640G in December; had a bad month because I was ill most of December, but since then I have been so happy with my results. When on daily injections, I was all over the place with readings, spiking high after meals then dropping quickly. The pump though has been a massive change ; I honestly couldn't believe how different it could be. I'm very consistently within range now. The highs and lows I still have I can generally account for, as still trying to get used to pump. Being able to adjust the Basal whenever I need to has been very useful. I'm sure you won't be disappointed, once you get to understand how it works you will hopefully be getting great results. Best of luck

blueeyed81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi @blueeyed81, great news for you. Which pump are you getting (sorry if I missed earlier threads). I started a Medtronic 640G in December; had a bad month because I was ill most of December, but since then I have been so happy with my results. When on daily injections, I was all over the place with readings, spiking high after meals then dropping quickly. The pump though has been a massive change ; I honestly couldn't believe how different it could be. I'm very consistently within range now. The highs and lows I still have I can generally account for, as still trying to get used to pump. Being able to adjust the Basal whenever I need to has been very useful. I'm sure you won't be disappointed, once you get to understand how it works you will hopefully be getting great results. Best of luck
Hi @asa35, I also have the minimed 640g and loving it so far lol. Only using saline at the minute lol. It's definitely not as intrusive as you'd think.

I didn't feel it at all through the night :). I usually wake at the smallest thing lol.

Can't wait to go live with insulin next day :)

I'm also doing a blog thing on fb so I can share my journey with everyone lolol. I'll also have something I can look back on.

Kelly :)

Reactions: asa35 and azure

hynes48

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My advice would be - don't try and solve all the issues at once - varying basal rares, varying carb ratios. Do it piecemeal. There is alot of work involved in the pump but it is work that defintely pays off. I have the same pump as you and have been on pumps for 8yrs now. I would be totally lost without it. It is genuinely life changing.

My first step would be to try and master your basal rate at night. As you are asleep all the variables (other than basal rate) that could impact on your sugar levels are gone - you're fasting, no bolus in your system, no exercise. If you get this right then around 8hrs of your day is already sorted. Move on from there.

Best of luck. You won't know yourself!

-beckyb93-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
@blueeyed81
Hey do you have a link for your fb. Would love to follow your pump journey.
Im starting the pump on thursday. Seeing my dsn on tuesday for all the pre-training. Im excited. But watched that video and now a little nervous... haha x

-beckyb93-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I started the pump just with saline yesterday. Starting it with insulin tomorrow :)
Just getting used to it
Its kinda nice haha!
Mixed emotions over stopping multiple daily injections haha! Been on insulins injections for 16 years haha xx

blueeyed81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I started the pump just with saline yesterday. Starting it with insulin tomorrow :)
Just getting used to it
Its kinda nice haha!
Mixed emotions over stopping multiple daily injections haha! Been on insulins injections for 16 years haha xx
It surreal isn't it lol.

But it's freedom lolol at the click of a few buttons lolol

-beckyb93-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Sorry only just seen this.

So ive had the pump for like 2 months and I'm.kinda having a love/hate relationship with it.

Do any of you guys/girls feel like this? xx

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Not really love or hate @-beckyb93- , but I really like pumping insulin over MDI as the pump gives you so much more control & flexibility.