Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Sorry Ichihun you asked if you can carry on having something high fat before bed,I cannot remember who posted it on here but I know I read it doing this seems to have done the trick for me,try cream in a drink before bed see what your reading is next day.I felt it was a one off if it didn't work so nothing ventured nothing gained it was worrying me the BG rising has it was that's my reason for trying it,I haven't needed to do it since but I have a coffee with cream around 8 pm every night again the first drink in morning after BG test.Hope it's some use to you has it was for me.
I do it regularly. I brought this info to this thread from findings by lchf dieters. I've encouraged others to pass the excellent tip on. A very interesting phenomenon I have a health interest in.
I do find it difficult to do EVERY morning with commitments which vary day to day. You?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Ah good point. Generally I avoid honey!! Your FBG's looking good. Mine doing ok (I know that, however much I beat myself up!) looking forward to regular swimming routine again next week now finally almost shaken my cold.
Your results are without meds. Which is fantastic!
I'm keeping mine tight due to proving to gp stomach swellings not bg related. Only April re hba1c will prove it to him. :( I've never had a water balloon tummy in all my diabetic life but gp saying diabetes related. How? If no water retention I've nearly lost 1st since xmas!

MaxRebo001

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Ah good point. Generally I avoid honey!! Your FBG's looking good. Mine doing ok (I know that, however much I beat myself up!) looking forward to regular swimming routine again next week now finally almost shaken my cold.
I'm type 2 and a small amount of carb seems to help with my fasting levels, it was the 1st time i tried yoghurt and honey though and it was my lowest fasting level for a week, out of yoghurt till shopping tomorrow but i'll repeat it tomorrow night yo start to see if it is consistent.

Reactions: dunelm

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6 Seem to be stuck mid- sixes. was 8.1 after dinner:arghh: yet previous day was 5.7 after dinner. Seems not to matter what I want my liver says 6:nailbiting:

Last edited:

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
3/2 - Good Morning.

Wow amazing - 4.9 - :happy:. (Before bed at 1.30am was 5.1, so ate some Cheese).

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Golly, how can you survive on so few calories?? I understand your Dr said you can go a bit lower weight but be careful, you'll disappear!!:wideyed:
After having done it so long you just get used to it in fact yesterday's total was slightly lower at 580 calories but won't do that again as I have gone down a couple of pounds from when Dr weighed me will be upping my intake again to stay where I am if possible.