Best sounding HEAVY METAL

jonniey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My taste is from soft rock simple plan to HEAVY METAL heavy like slipknot heavy but I only developed a taste for such heavy music much later on....I use to listen to blink everyday and the darkness. My PC has many different rock bands not sure how many though....I also like limp bizkit

jonniey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
But now I'm asking specifically about METAL bands I want to broaden my METAL music

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think, for me, with heavy metal I like to listen to the lyrics. One band that make a good story out of the lyrics are Iron Maiden, I find myself want more of the story. I, personally, dont listen so much to the music until I have a good picture behind the lyrics. They have written some pretty epic songs.

Hubby will be shocked I've admitted to that so dont tell him.

On the other hand another rated heavy metal band are AC/DC and I cant stand them.

Start looking on youtube following what people have put up. And obviously speak to people you know for suggestions :)

N

NicolaB70

I think, for me, with heavy metal I like to listen to the lyrics. One band that make a good story out of the lyrics are Iron Maiden, I find myself want more of the story. I, personally, dont listen so much to the music until I have a good picture behind the lyrics. They have written some pretty epic songs.

Hubby will be shocked I've admitted to that so dont tell him.

On the other hand another rated heavy metal band are AC/DC and I cant stand them.

Start looking on youtube following what people have put up. And obviously speak to people you know for suggestions :)
Omg, it was if I had written your first paragraph and the sentence below it!!

My husband and now three sons are big metal heads, I don't like it.
But saying that, Iron Maiden are growing on me and I recognise and can name most of their songs.
Like you, I won't admit and be telling my hubby ;) lol

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Omg, it was if I had written your first paragraph and the sentence below it!!

My husband and now three sons are big metal heads, I don't like it.
But saying that, Iron Maiden are growing on me and I recognise and can name most of their songs.
Like you, I won't admit and be telling my hubby ;) lol

If I told him I'd get dragged along to allsorts of concerts. Have you heard of a band called Maiden England? They are an acoustic band covering tracks by Iron Maiden. Well worth a listen

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I first knew about rock.....the Beatles are one of my favourite bands ever but later on I started liking hard rock and then HEAVY METAL but my tastes very from pop to HEAVY METAL.... But iv got about 40 gigs of music on my desktop PC mainly rock and mixed music oldies and all but I want to be more familiar with GREAT HEAVY METAL.
If you like the Beatles, I 'm sure you know this one already, but........ Often cited as the very first heavy metal track, it doesn't get any better than this :cool:

It has unfortunate connotations because it became linked to the Manson "Family" murders, but I love it still.

I expect you also know this: (it takes about 30 seconds to get going)

King Crimson are not generally regarded as a heavy metal band, but I don't know how else you'd describe this particular track :D

N

NicolaB70

If I told him I'd get dragged along to allsorts of concerts. Have you heard of a band called Maiden England? They are an acoustic band covering tracks by Iron Maiden. Well worth a listen
Lol. No. I haven't heard of Maiden England, hubby probably has though.
I'm sure you've heard this song, maybe not this version though....I don't mind it until the screechy bits start!!!!

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh no thats out my comfort zone. I have a seven year old granddaughter who sings the Frozen version to me (including the screechy bits)

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Bullet for my Valentine,city of fire,five finger death punch ,hell yeah ,creed ,kill switch engage ,mudvane,miss may I ,parkway drive ,slipnot,stone sour ,staind,war of ages are just a few of what I listen to

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
I love heavy metal
And seen some massive bands and done Donnington several times albeit many moons ago

Foo Fighters actually came to Carlisle and they were awesome

My favourite heavy metal band is from Sweden a band called Kebnekaisse

The Nordic countries (particularly Finland) are big on heavy metal

jonniey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was a big rocker, but now I'm so into METAL and all the beautiful WOMAN....OMG I love woman so much!!!!!

jonniey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ive been listening to staind for years now and also Manson and slipknot and limpbizkit..... MUSIC IS AWESOME!!!!!!

A

Avocado Sevenfold

In December we saw Gojira support Alter Bridge. They were so loud and intense that they hurt my skeleton! A few days later, they announced they would be coming back to headline so we are off next month to see them again. Wish me luck! :D