Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I wish I didnt meet her

Mmmmmmm "philosophy".. Then she's starting "erode" rather than enrich your life....?

Dude. I did stuff outside school (in my time.) the people I met had more in common. :cool:

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I know that school is meant to learn and educate but its the only way to meet new people for me. I am just a teenager who has no experience in these life matters. I am still learning. Where can I get this knowledge from? From philosophers' essays or psychology books? I like reading them where there is an opportunity but they dont teach me how to live.
I understand that I could fall in love everywhere, on camp, in library, on the street. Is it wrong that Ive got crush on her in school? I wish I didnt meet her

It's not wrong at all :) School is a good chance to meet different people :)

Reactions: Michik

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's not wrong at all :) School is a good chance to meet different people :)
To be fair..? It's almost a precursor to work.. & lol, I kept bumping into my "intended" wife at work.. It turned out also, She was an exams officer in the college I worked at the time as maintenance.. We would "professionally" pass the "time of day". But keep it "cordial" till the "bell" rung... ;)

Reactions: Freema and azure

rockape37

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Over the top political correctness
Your streets head of me when i was your age.

Regards

Martin

Michik

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I come to the conclusion that the best for me is to forget about any emotion Ive been feeling and just focus on learning. We will probably break up after some time, she will be gone from my life. The bigger effort, the bigger regrets. But that what I have learned will stay in my mind forever.

Tomorrow Ill miss her more than today, I guess, sorry

rockape37

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I come to the conclusion that the best for me is to forget about any emotion Ive been feeling and just focus on learning. We will probably break up after some time, she will be gone from my life. The bigger effort, the bigger regrets. But that what I have learned will stay in my mind forever.

Bad conclusion mate! I would have thought you would have learnt well from the answers, advice and encouragement to your post.

In this world you win some and lose some so don't give up before you've tried to Win her over.

Regards

Martin

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

I'm tempted to ask you what the winning lottery numbers are for the UK Lottery @Michik !

Seriously, you don't know that that's what will happen at all. You're writing off this relationship before it's even started. It's good to keep some emotional distance - that is, not to invest all your hopes in one person or thing - but it's wrong to be so distant and so unhopeful that you do nothing.

Life is full of risks we have to take. It's safest to lock yourself away, do nothing, say nothing and be nothing. BUT that's not a good way to live.

Think positive.

Michik

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm tempted to ask you what the winning lottery numbers are for the UK Lottery @Michik !

Seriously, you don't know that that's what will happen at all. You're writing off this relationship before it's even started. It's good to keep some emotional distance - that is, not to invest all your hopes in one person or thing - but it's wrong to be so distant and so unhopeful that you do nothing.

Life is full of risks we have to take. It's safest to lock yourself away, do nothing, say nothing and be nothing. BUT that's not a good way to live.

Think positive.
Thank you. I know that but I am often moody and I think differently each day. I know that I am not worse person in any way compared to others and I deserve positive feelings and good things to happen. But it may seems weird as I am going to say that I like thinking about my life, especially at night in bed. When Im in bad mood which Ive been since this week, I think about my life badly like you dont deserve anything, you wont succed etc. I cant describe it on other way because I am still learning english(I dont live in UK nor America).
But I am still an adolescent and I still need to learn a lot. If I were more brave and took risk, there wouldnt be this thread. Because I would express my emotions to her earlier and then I would know if she liked me or not. Ive been thinking of asking her out for a long time, there were great opportunities to go through with but each time I couldnt overcome the fear of being rejected.
Id like to sit next to her, embrace her and be with her. There is no need to explain, I love her for no reason. I dont talk much about my feelings even with parents. Im rather shy and sensitive person and I find this forum really helpful because there are people suffering from the same disease and due to this, I see that someone can support me.

Reactions: azure

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You're a very mature young man @Michik Your sensitivity and love of thinking will be a big benefit to,you in life :)

Feeling up then down in your mood is normal in the teenage years. Accept the bad days and look forward to the more positive days.

Being rejected is hard - even as an adult - but it's the risk we have to take if we want to move forward.

Don't put pressure on yourself. See how you feel and how things go in the New Year.

Have a great Christmas :)

( and your English is excellent :cool: )

rockape37

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
If you don't ask her out then i will! The thing is that i will be rejected and quite rightly so.

Do you celebrate St Valentines day where you come from/live?

If yes, send her an early St valentines day card and write in it,

" If you can't be my Valentine Please still be my Good Friend"

Kinda sends the message that says that you want
to share your love with her and for her but do not want to frighten her away as she is a good friend and wish to remain a good friend whatever the outcome.

Regards

Martin

Reactions: mahola and Michik

samantha13

I love Martins idea! The girl will find that lovely and no pressure as she can stay friends if she chooses! Your English is very good and your moods as you describe them are very normal for teens. Your doing great

Michik

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You're a very mature young man @Michik Your sensitivity and love of thinking will be a big benefit to,you in life :)

Feeling up then down in your mood is normal in the teenage years. Accept the bad days and look forward to the more positive days.

Being rejected is hard - even as an adult - but it's the risk we have to take if we want to move forward.

Don't put pressure on yourself. See how you feel and how things go in the New Year.

Have a great Christmas :)

( and your English is excellent :cool: )
What sometimes frightens me the most is lack of topics in my conversation with her. Its one of the causes why I am still not moving on. Its not a problem to ask her out but the nuisance will appear in the talk. I know that a little silence is something natural and needed but its very disturbing after some time. Ive got plenty topics to talk but I dont want to be thought as impolite. Although my "hobbies" are quite interesting, she may not think so. I dont know if I am suffering from lack of self-confidence or I just need a proper situation to be with her.

Michik

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Its me again. Some things has changed but the relations with my crush havent. I'm not sure if I should go through with it. Last days showed that I really have nothing to talk about with her. My conversation is about saying hi or whats up, how are you. But I only said these words, she would think that I cant talk and Im boring. And thats annoying, I mean being asked every day how is it going. I dont want to cross that red line and be meant as rude. Ive got a lot of ideas to talk about but I dont know if I could become more personal with her. I love her but I dont any point to continue this relationship due to lack of communication.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Can you talk about things you have in common? Your school? Teachers you like or don't like? Why the local town is great/boring? What you watched on TV? New films? A book you read? Her favourite film/book/music? Pets? People you both know? Current events in the news?

Once you start a topic, you'll probably find you don't have to say much. Listen to her and respond in a way that shows you're interested in her opinions :)