What age were you diagnosed Type 1?

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
54, just after Christmas 3 years ago. The more I ate the more weight I lost and the thirstier I got. Should have known as have brother who has had it 35 years.

birchy66

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was 66 years old when diagnosed 4 years ago. Prior to that I had no signs of diabetes and didn't really know what it was and there is no family history that I am aware of. I have however suffered from minor allergies for years and guess that perhaps my auto immune system runs wild at times. It certainly did 4 years ago!

kellie lees

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My husband was 30- just diagnosed this January. There is no family history and he was fit and healthy it came as a huge shock! He's adapting well and realising he is still fit and healthy he just needs to be a bit more "grown up"
Now with some decisions! I hope this is right and we haven't rose tinted this!!

Emma3312

Hi @Emma3312 sorry you're feeling unsupported since your diagnosis. If you have questions ask away on the forum. I'm 3 months in and have found lots of useful info here.
Thank you, my questions are rather complicated I'm not sure if I'll find my answers here but I appreciate it x

snowleopard

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Just last year - aged 68. Mind you it took the medics 3 years to work out that their assumption I was T2 because of my age was wrong.

stanfordsteve

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Diagnosed at 5 yo in about 1961. Loads of changes since then, thank goodness. Virtually no complications so far.

vans

My daughter was 3
Life's not been the same since but I guess in some ways, I take care of myself more now than I did then. Pumping has been the 'best' bit about the last 12 years!

jakay42

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Treadmills
56 years of age when diagnosed (shocker). Just when I thought it was OK to live a little:)

Besty W

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Age 33, last October, just had my first Hba1c result of 5.7%