Low carb bread

Jolegra

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone

I am new to type 2 diabetes and low carb and i have found quite a few recipes for low carb bread e.g diet doctor. I currently have multi
grain bread (lower carbs then other breads) which does spike bs. I dont have bread that much due to this but i dont have time to cook breakfast.. lunch etc so i want to be able to have sardines on toast or salad sandwich (quick and easy) but not at the expense of increasing my blood sugar. My breakfast atm consists of coffee, equal sugar and cream but sometimes i need more.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a easy to make, similiar taste to "normal" bread low carb bread recipe. I dont have a bread maker. So something that i can bake in oven that has readily available ingredients. I am in Australia if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

fionaclare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi,

Pete Evan's has a paleo low carb bread that I make. It's easy and pretty good.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't eat bread either, but the Lidl high protein rolls are excellent sliced in half and toasted, loads of butter as it melts right through, and whatever you want on the top. 9g carbs per roll, (per 100g) stuffed with seeds. They don't raise my levels very much, if at all.

D

Deleted member 308541

Lidl high protein rolls are excellent sliced in half and toasted
@Bluetit1802 There are no Lidl stores in Australia yet unfortunately, once here they will take off quickly as Aldi have done.

I doubt if they will stock the original bread rolls though, unless they get a supplier to make them to the original recipe here in Australia.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I make scrambled eggs with cheese and tomato in less time than making toast would require - or I grab something from the fridge - I make extra from the previous night's dinner. A lettuce leaf roll replaces sandwiches - bread is not an essential part of my diet.
Some people who pine for pies and pizza make a base or topping from mashed cauliflower but I've never liked messed about with foods.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I make a batch of mini frittatas at the weekend, then freeze them and take one out each night ready for the next morning. I can then heat in 1 minute in the microwave. Mix eggs with double cream and add whatever low carb filling you like - I use bacon or pancetta, cheese and a small amount of onion. Quick, delicious and filling.

kittypoker

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi everyone

I am new to type 2 diabetes and low carb and i have found quite a few recipes for low carb bread e.g diet doctor. I currently have multi
grain bread (lower carbs then other breads) which does spike bs. I dont have bread that much due to this but i dont have time to cook breakfast.. lunch etc so i want to be able to have sardines on toast or salad sandwich (quick and easy) but not at the expense of increasing my blood sugar. My breakfast atm consists of coffee, equal sugar and cream but sometimes i need more.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a easy to make, similiar taste to "normal" bread low carb bread recipe. I dont have a bread maker. So something that i can bake in oven that has readily available ingredients. I am in Australia if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

Hang on, do you literally have sugar in your coffee? That needs to go, for a start.

I'm Australian, living in the UK, but there are several Aussies here. You're testing, which is brilliant. :D

Tesco and Warburton (the biggest bread-maker here) have recently introduced a high protein, low carb sliced brown bread (10g a slice). Apparently, they taste really good. I don't eat bread but hubby loves Burgen (11g a slice). There must be similar products available in Australia.

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I too eat the Lidl roll very occasionally. Today I bought the Tesco high protein roll, and had cheese on toast for the 1st time in 16 months. Have to say the tesco bread is as near to the real thing I have tasted, BUT, I have had the munchies all day since

kittypoker

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I too eat the Lidl roll very occasionally. Today I bought the Tesco high protein roll, and had cheese on toast for the 1st time in 16 months. Have to say the tesco bread is as near to the real thing I have tasted, BUT, I have had the munchies all day since

The munchies would indicate that your bs rose, then crashed? If so, that's a bit disappointing. Did you test?