Memoir Pen any UK replacements around?

moanymoan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all

Been using Lilly Memoir Pen along with my Humalog for quite a number of years now gone through two replacement pens as batteries ran out. My last and lonesome pen has now ceased to be powered :( This pen is/was a god send to me as it stored each and every dose of insulin I administered (well up to 16 injections) couple of days worth, I could confirm to myself that I had actually done an injection and what dosage I administered, or more often than not, that I hadn't actually injected - you do it so automatically can't recall if done so or not - sounds stupid but come on hands up the rest of you haha.

Anyway other than swapping my insulin over to Novo and their Novopen 5 does anyone know of any other pen available in uk that fits the bill? I have seen the caps you can get but they only show the time since last use - no dosage or previous memory.
I have also seen Safeplus Pendiq but can't seem to get them over here?

Spoken to Eli Lilly but no assistance or new similar pen in pipeline - I really am quite upset at my lost pal, the pen looks perfect just no power battery gone to battery heaven - I am desperate to find an alternative, that fits Humalog cartridges or swap to Novolog.

Has anyone else experienced swapping to Novolog ?

snowleopard

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'm on Novorapid and have their cartridge pen with memory. It just gives last dose and time since injecting but a couple of times it's got me out of the 'did I or didn't I' dilemma. I believe the batteries are replaceable. Are you sure you can't put a new battery in your old one?

moanymoan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Loving your pic Snowleopard,

Yes you would think replaceable batteries would be on the designers list but alas no, probably why they aren't producing them anymore !! Was a great pen showing date time and dose given, ah well will have to speak to Doc and change over to Novolog (similar to humalog in its effectiveness I think?- Doc 'll know, see him Monday) and use the pen you describe. Is yours the Novopen 5 ?

ElkBond

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Loving your pic Snowleopard,

Yes you would think replaceable batteries would be on the designers list but alas no, probably why they aren't producing them anymore !! Was a great pen showing date time and dose given, ah well will have to speak to Doc and change over to Novolog (similar to humalog in its effectiveness I think?- Doc 'll know, see him Monday) and use the pen you describe. Is yours the Novopen 5 ?

Depending on how 'techy' you find yourself, you could try prying one of the dead ones open. I doubt they use anything exotic. Probably just a sealed in coin battery (the diddy ones).

PM me if you want some help, I am sure I can help somewhat.

moanymoan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Depending on how 'techy' you find yourself, you could try prying one of the dead ones open. I doubt they use anything exotic. Probably just a sealed in coin battery (the diddy ones).

PM me if you want some help, I am sure I can help somewhat.

Hi

Yes did dismantled an old pen, not this my last one, and sure enough those diddy batteries are there but they are welded big time into a microchip, not removable as they are both integrated into a mesh which appears to provide connection to other parts of the pen, very involved not a simple weld joint that can be undone and re-welded. Got my new NovoPen 5 which does have its memory of dosage, just not date and time of injection and history, only the time elapsed since last jab so better than nothing !