Tresiba?

Swissgirl

Hello

My Doctor wrote my surprisinlig out of nothing a recept for Tresiba. Since my Diagnosis 1 1/2 years ago I am on Levemir twice a day . He said, I can inject Levemir in the evening and the next Morning i can start with Tresiba once a day. Know I am a little worried.
Have you experinces with tresiba? I would be thankfull for every informations.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@robert72
Hello

My Doctor wrote my surprisinlig out of nothing a recept for Tresiba. Since my Diagnosis 1 1/2 years ago I am on Levemir twice a day . He said, I can inject Levemir in the evening and the next Morning i can start with Tresiba once a day. Know I am a little worried.
Have you experinces with tresiba? I would be thankfull for every informations.
You might want to try some of the forum members on here; the general consensus is extremely positive (albeit the thread title is not). It's the basal insulin that I'm requesting come my next appt in April:)

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/just-started-tresiba-bad-experience.115508/

Reactions: robert72

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Yep, thats what I did.

Has Doc suggested starting you off on a lower dose?

It will time to get insulins out and in your body.... so be patient for a few days and regular testing...

steve_p6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep, thats what I did.

Has Doc suggested starting you off on a lower dose?

It will time to get insulins out and in your body.... so be patient for a few days and regular testing...
Yep me too. Dropped 20% lower than Levemir to start and then adjusted over next few weeks. I have found it is bit more active over first 12 hrs for me so have switched to am jab rather than evening.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been using it for almost 3 years and find it to be very flat and it lasts well over 24 hours. I started by reducing my dose by 20% and then adjusting from there until I found the correct dose.

1abRat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Tresiba can be a very flat basal insulin. You're going to have to wait a few days for it to properly work so might find you're running high for a few days and should correct these appropriately with fast-acting (bolus) insulin.

My main concern from your post is that your doctor doesn't seem to have involved you in this very important decision regarding your care. Were you having issues with Levemir? Did you ask for a change? I think it's important that people have the opportunity to have a two-way discussion with their doctor and are not simply told what to do. A feeling of ownership of your diabetes inevitably leads to better control.

As a lady with unpredictable hormones thanks to endometriosis I much prefer Levemir as I can adjust my basal rate (relatively) quickly. Changes to Tresiba can take days to take effect so it's not suited to everyone.

Swissgirl

Thanks for all your answers.

My Doctor told me to reduce the dose 2 units but I think thats no enough. 20 % seems to be a good point. I haven't had any problems with Levemir, and we don't really talked about it seriously i thought the change will come much later.
It was luckily the last appointment whit him. I will switch over to an other doctor. I hope I'll have more trust in him.