Head in the sand syndrome

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't like cream lol. But nuts and seeds are good ideas. Thanks. I'm struggling with breakfast ideas as I don't like eggs either.......unless hard boiled with toast, which defeats the purpose.
I do not like cream either or butter. A lot here eat Lidl protein rolls they are low carb and Burgen Linseed and Soya bread is something many have it is very seedy so if you like seedy bread then you could have a slice of that toasted with your hard boiled egg

headshot11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i just walked around asda wanting something sweet looked at the easter eggs for a quid and the cream cakes for god sake i really wanted one
then by habbit i read the carb content and put them back on the shelf
il make do with bacon and eggs ***

Reactions: marathonmona

headshot11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I do not like cream either or butter. A lot here eat Lidl protein rolls they are low carb and Burgen Linseed and Soya bread is something many have it is very seedy so if you like seedy bread then you could have a slice of that toasted with your hard boiled egg
for breakfast im eating mornflake super creamy porridge
made with water only 9gr of carbs its not bad either

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Look after yourself mate as was diagnosed in 1999 and totally ignored it for about 10 years, now I'm a physical wreck, bad neuropathy, Legs are knackered with Ulcers and nerve problems...I cannot stand up for more than a couple of minutes or walk more than about 100yds [on a good day], without literally collapsing from weakness in the legs. I've had half my right foot chopped off, big blind spots in both eyes and now problems with rotational motor control of the left eye. All this has left me not very well disposed to the world at the moment, nearly forgot...I now have a serious Opiate addiction problem owing to all the Morphine and DHC I've been taking for years now.

LOOK AFTER YOURSELF BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE ;)

Reactions: headshot11

headshot11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Look after yourself mate as was diagnosed in 1999 and totally ignored it for about 10 years, now I'm a physical wreck, bad neuropathy, Legs are knackered with Ulcers and nerve problems...I cannot stand up for more than a couple of minutes or walk more than about 100yds [on a good day], without literally collapsing from weakness in the legs. I've had half my right foot chopped off, big blind spots in both eyes and now problems with rotational motor control of the left eye. All this has left me not very well disposed to the world at the moment, nearly forgot...I now have a serious Opiate addiction problem owing to all the Morphine and DHC I've been taking for years now.

thanks for sharing darren
it will make a few wake up including myself
good luck buddy

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Thank you so much for sharing your story Darren. It's really awful what has happened to you. I guess I and probably many others on here are guilty of reading about amputations etc in magazines and newspapers and believe "that will never happen to me". But reading it on here from a genuine person like yourself makes it so much more real. I definitely will take heed and do something about it. Thank you.