Night sweats

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There is a thing called sleep panic attacks - sounds similar to what you describe - have a Google of it - I suffer from it if I'm stressed - Google adrenaline rush when asleep. It's not dangerous or harmful but not very nice all the same

bentley

Type of diabetes
Type 2
hi
I was diagnosed as type 2 before xmas. Hba1c 53. PCOS for 30 yrs. Cannot take metformin very ill. :hungover:I have been trying lchf and blood testing to eliminate carbs that upset me. I am 55 and well past menopause I thought. For last few weeks started getting night sweat at about 3-4am. Have read that it might be caused by hypo but morning figures are usually between 6 and 7. A little confused. Has anyone experienced this?
Hi, I take metformin and at first I was really ill, but my doctor changed them to the metformin sr which are coated and do not upset the stomach so much. Plus because they are slow release you only need to take it once a day.
Maybe worth a try also I used to have terrible night sweats until my diabetic nurse told me to have a snack before bed.

Reactions: daisyduck

DevonVee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I take metformin and at first I was really ill, but my doctor changed them to the metformin sr which are coated and do not upset the stomach so much. Plus because they are slow release you only need to take it once a day.
Maybe worth a try also I used to have terrible night sweats until my diabetic nurse told me to have a snack before bed.
Hi
I tried both types still could not stomach 1 tablet let alone get to 4 a day. Will try snack. Thanks:D

brenda walker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hi
I was diagnosed as type 2 before xmas. Hba1c 53. PCOS for 30 yrs. Cannot take metformin very ill. :hungover:I have been trying lchf and blood testing to eliminate carbs that upset me. I am 55 and well past menopause I thought. For last few weeks started getting night sweat at about 3-4am. Have read that it might be caused by hypo but morning figures are usually between 6 and 7. A little confused. Has anyone experienced this?
I am 59, being going thro the menopause for years. I went to my GP last year and said he was too, just grin and bear it. Have seen other doctors but no help or advise given. When I eat I go bright red and very very sweaty as well. My BS varies from in the morning of 12 to in the middle of the night to 22, when I am too hot and uncomfortable to sleep. Metformin upsets my stomach and causes diarrhoea from which I have developed piles. If only I could stop eating, sure I would feel much better.

Sam.s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have the cactus same issue , so pleased you asked this question ! Some very interesting responses :)

Kyambala

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks EVERYONE. I frequently have to change my pajamas in the night but never imagined that it could be linked to my Diabetes. Sometimes I come very close to a Hypo in the night but the shaking sensation warns me of the Hypo and my wife quickly gets me some orange juice and something to eat. But normal sweating I just put down to being too hot in bed (although my wife never sweats even though we share the same bed). I also usually get up once or twice in the night to urinate and that is when I change my pajamas. Thank you all for airing this subject.