BYDUREON ONCE WEEKLY EXENATIDE

Yetiandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've just started Bydureon and have to go to my surgery for the injection it hurts like a *****!!
I will never be able to inject myself
If it works and I lose weight I'll be happy
My GP prescribed it no problem whatsoever

angel49

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
spices
Have only just read the news of this new drug. I've been on Byetta now for 3 years, though after a recent tripple heart bypass & new artificial valve replacement, I'm now on Warfarin for the rest of my life. Whatever Warfarin does, it means that my tummy is now permanently 'bruised' with my twice daily injections.

Am attending my Diabetic Clinic soon and will be requesting this new drug. Can you let me know the mechanics of Bydureon? Is it just a pre-filled pen? Does it have to be taken in any special way, after/before food, or just a consistent time every week?

Any info greatly appreciated...
Pre-filled pen....taken once weekly on same day...no special needs eg.bf or after food.

stephenT2

Pre-filled pen....taken once weekly on same day...no special needs eg.bf or after food.

Gosh, have been on this injection now for over 5 years, was surprised to see a 'new' post on this thread! Not even sure what the recent post is about LOL

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Exanatide and liraglutide operate in entirely different ways. Possible side effects are also different.

Doug

stephenT2

Exanatide and liraglutide operate in entirely different ways. Possible side effects are also different.

Doug
I'm aware of that. That's the reason I queried the previous posts assertion that one was 'better' than the other - surely an impossible assumption!

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
The effects of the medications will vary from person to person. Currently the "gliflozin" family of diabetes meds are proving popular and effective.

Thebigandyt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Is anyone finding lumps at injection sites from this drug. I was on it a month and still have large welts where I injected the oldest is eight months old! No sign of getting smaller

stephenT2

If you don't change the injection 'site' regularly, you will get lumps. I am currently on a further daily injection of a drug called Clexane 100mg (for blood thinning) which does the same thing of potentially leaving lumps, you need to change the site every time to prevent the lumps. Admittedly, even when they have happened to me, they certainly haven't lasted 8 months. Would be worth mentioning on your next medical appointment...

Thebigandyt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If you don't change the injection 'site' regularly, you will get lumps. I am currently on a further daily injection of a drug called Clexane 100mg (for blood thinning) which does the same thing of potentially leaving lumps, you need to change the site every time to prevent the lumps. Admittedly, even when they have happened to me, they certainly haven't lasted 8 months. Would be worth mentioning on your next medical appointment...
I've only taken four injections and then stopped, all in different sites. The largest is about the size of a 2p coin. Now on differrnt drug. I mentioned it to the nurse and she said she'd never seen them before. Online search seem to suggest it's not complete rare though to get the reaction

lefeilouss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, anyone here still on Bydureon? Been hoping to hear someone on this whethwr it works? I am already on metformin and insulin with Byrureon, however recently i have started LCHF diet hence I can lower my insulin intake and not sure whether I can jst depend in Bydureon or go completely of it? pls advise thanks!