Back after a few years

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good to learn that you're making some progress in getting your issues sorted, Steve @xyzzy.

On a much sadder note, did you see the post from Janice Crawford on the DUK forum about the sudden death of her husband Fergus (aka CollieBoy) from a pulmonary embolism?

He was such an inspiration and will be sadly missed. I always loved reading about his collies and the trips in his lovingly restored motorhome.

https://forum.diabetes.org.uk/boards/threads/farewell-from-fergus-c.64870/
Thanks for letting us know Indy. This is so very sad, a great guy.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very sad. I learned a lot from him, and always valued his impact. My heart goes out to his family and dogs. He will be sorely missed.

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Steve, so glad you're getting it sorted - totally share your view about the insulin. Thanks for the offer of a chat, may take you up on it at some point! By the way - still in love with Norfolk!

@Indy51, I don't visit the DUK forum so I'm shocked and saddened to hear about Fergus..he will be greatly missed. Thanks for letting us know x

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Oh that's such very sad news. Fergus was a star who inspired everyone. You couldn't have had a nicer guy, he gave me loads of support and advice that meant a lot to me. I'm really sorry for your loss Janice.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad your getting sorted @xyzzy - so very sorry to hear about Fergus - he was a well respected and knowledgeable member of the forum - always helpful my thoughts are with all those who loved him