Diagnosed as T2 in Nov 2016

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a blood test last October and discovered that I had T2 diabetes when I discussed the results with my GP in November. I was prescribed Metformin twice a day. My blood sugar was over 13 and when I saw the Diabetes Nurse in December I was given a Accu Chek Mobile blood sugar tester and my first reading was 9.8. Since then the readings have been coming down and are now around 6.5.

My BMI was over 30 back in October and I have been trying to lose weight and reduce the amount of sugar and carbs in my diet and doing more exercise. I have lost about 6Kg since October from 85Kg down to 79Kg now. I still need to lose another 10Kg to get my BMI down to around 25. To lose weight, I have cut out breakfast cereals, bread, cakes, chocolate and reduced eating rice and potatoes. My diet inspiration is currently the Low Carb High Fat diet which appears to be effective in reducing weight and mitigating Type 2 Diabetes.

Ideally, I would like to eventually come off Metformin as I am not a fan of its side gastric effect and I don't seem to have a full nights sleep now without having to go to the bathroom.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome!
Looks like your plan is working :)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome from me too. :) Yes keep on doing what you are doing. Well done so far. :)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome, and keep up the good work.

Lucky you getting an AC Mobile. Will you be prescribed replacement strip cassettes? I hope so, they are very expensive. I love mine, so easy and convenient and no messing with tubs/packets of loose strips.

Use the meter well, and if you test before and 2 hours after meals, then tweak your food portions accordingly, you will get there. Eat to your meter!

Reactions: Jillytee

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got an AccuChek cassette and 204 Fast Clix lancets on prescription. Since I am over 60 I have not had to pay for these or for Metformin tablets.

Paul_hocking

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
if ur uk based your perscriptions should be exempt. I follow a low carb diet a lot of the time there is days I don't i was 121 when diagnosed my last 3 month check was down to 60 if your activity level has increased then your body starts to get used to it as I found I still eat fruits and the occasional chips but very rare maybe a few mini eggs but opps my local council run leisure centre have worked with my gp and the support has been great I still do normal trips to the gym but I now also do group sessions of HIT training twice a week and it 60 secs of rapid cardio and then 60 secs rest and you repeat that 5 times or build up to it under supervision we do 4 blocks per session and means for me on the days I do it I can eat what I like has helped with the same old stuff the recepie on here for cauliflower rice is really good