Finally found a formula to lower my BG.

Ange G

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got my latest hb1ca today. 41, just below pre diabetes. I am soooooooo grateful for everyone here on this forum. I have managed to bring my bg down by monitoring, low carbing, walking and above all, this forum and all the interesting post you create. I just didnt know where to start when I was diagnosed with type 2 last October. I have tried pretty much all of what I have learned from this forum but I think I have finally found a formula that works for me. In addition to the tweaks in my lifestyle I take daily cinnamon, berbine and alpha lipoic acid capsules from Swanson via Amazon. I hope to continue to lower my bg in the next 6 months and lower the dreaded dawn phenomenon that I get most mornings but at least i am back on track. Keep going everyone, it can be done.:)

les74

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Excellent result. I take it you regularly test yourself. Did you find that a big help?

Reactions: Ange G

Ange G

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks to everyone, @les74 yes I test, test and just for good measures test again. My GP said even type 1's don't test as much and it wasn't necessary for me to test so often. My answer to this was how do I know what effects my bloods if I don't and he had to agree. Bread is absolute poison for me in that it spikes my blood, so do all sorts of other carbs but bread is the worst. My monitor has been my best pal since last October and this forum. I urge anyone to invest, in a monitor and test.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got my latest hb1ca today. 41, just below pre diabetes. I am soooooooo grateful for everyone here on this forum. I have managed to bring my bg down by monitoring, low carbing, walking and above all, this forum and all the interesting post you create. I just didnt know where to start when I was diagnosed with type 2 last October. I have tried pretty much all of what I have learned from this forum but I think I have finally found a formula that works for me. In addition to the tweaks in my lifestyle I take daily cinnamon, berbine and alpha lipoic acid capsules from Swanson via Amazon. I hope to continue to lower my bg in the next 6 months and lower the dreaded dawn phenomenon that I get most mornings but at least i am back on track. Keep going everyone, it can be done.:)

congratulation what a fine job you are doing... good idea with the cinnamon and alpha lipoic acid

LeeSchaeffer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I started using canary seed milk to control my BG. The Canary Seed Milk is make by blending Canary Seed in RO water left standing at RT overnight and sieving the seed from the milk. Five tablespoons of Canary Seed is added to 32 oz of RO water initially. I got the Canary Seed from Amazon and it is the type fit for human consumption. The results were very good. I drank 8oz of the refrigerated milk before gong to bed. My BG dropped from 196 to 51 in the morning fasting. That BG was too low, so I dropped the amount before eating to 4 oz of Canary Seed milk before each meal and before going to bed. This resulted in overnight fasting level at 66. I test my BG upon rising in fasting mode and before dinner. I am also controlling my carbs to 20 grams per day. Has anyone tried Canary Seed milk? There are some websites that discuss the use of Canary Seed milk to control BG.

Reactions: Ange G and Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sometimes the natural remedies to control blood glucose are poisonous in larger amount like cinnamon There are two kinds of cinnamons the cheapest is the most effective one in reducing blood glucose But contains a chemical that is poisonous in larger Daily amounts like a spoonfull a day the problem with the more pure But expencive kind is that it doesn't work and maybe even because the poisonous chemical which it does not contain is the effektive component in lowering ones blood glucose But used in more random occasions it is okay . There is a kind of tea from china which is even more effective in lowering blood glucose But has similar problems ... I don't know of canary seed milk But have in mind that the lowering effect could be from some kind of not healthy component , maybe there is a reason why humans have not used it more widespread for foods Maybe I am just too cautious just wan't to plant some critical thinking also on the natural way of solving disease .... also Nature can be problematical

Last edited:

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I use turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and pepper in my chai tea and from a T1 pount of view it has significantly changed my bg results. Lower and stable and also I did nit get this from just my insulins alone..
Since mentioning to my hospital they sent me an old presentation on the benefits of cinnamon to me (aimed at type 2's)... but for me after reading a lot on indian spices I am sure that what I am doing is good for me and I'm glad to read that somebody else is feeling benefit.
I also take alpha lipioic but I take alot of other vitamins too due to my limited eating and digestion....

I have gone through 16 months of hell on prescription drugs to supposedly ward off cancer returning. Tge side effects were horrendous for me. I'm still having to go through blood tests and MRI now to see if I have secondary cancer, although I have been through horrendous time taking the horrible med.

Jan 4th this year I decided to stop the drug. I concentrate now on the natural spices and oils etc as the prescriptive chemical ones were killing me. I stand to lose nothing from doing this. I have the quality back in my life. I can laugh again.

To me if you find natural productsand your own testing etc and get great results ... then brilliant!!!! Absolutely fantastic!!
Well done. Really so pleased for you...

Reactions: Freema and kokhongw

Ange G

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh @donnellydogs I really feel for you. You have a lot to deal with. However your simple words are what I have always believed in "quality of life" and "laugh again" I do understand. When you have been in the pits these are the most meaningful words I too have quoted in the past. Stay strong laugh, loud and believe we can do anything we believe in. Xxx

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It's definitely about finding out what works for you as we are all different. Well done on your great results.

Reactions: Freema

Hpetal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
cold weather!
Thanks to everyone, @les74 yes I test, test and just for good measures test again. My GP said even type 1's don't test as much and it wasn't necessary for me to test so often. My answer to this was how do I know what effects my bloods if I don't and he had to agree. Bread is absolute poison for me in that it spikes my blood, so do all sorts of other carbs but bread is the worst. My monitor has been my best pal since last October and this forum. I urge anyone to invest, in a monitor and test.
AngeG I'm with you...Bread no no no since i stopped eating it my bg is much better and my IBS is also settled. To be honest I don't miss bread anymore, I tell a lie when I am piling on the butter to a fresh piece of bagette for my hubby's lunch. I tried Lidl high protein rolls and OMG it was so bad for my stomach problems.