Type 1 carb intake...

susieg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
the confusion about what and what not to eat, provided by others who know it all!
Wow I'd have to be rich to eat like that.... guess I'll just have to stick to my bread....can't even afford peanut butter anymore
I'm with you there, It's just me and my partner, he eats meat and 2 veg, chips etc... me I just resort to sandwiches and the occasional piece of chicken with a baked potato. toast for breackfast.. as he is now made redundant and I am retired, we just can't afford fresh veg every day. or anything else for that matter. just a general moan here, but true nontheless.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
thank you for your response. would you be able/willing to share a food diary with me? Out of curiosity as I cannot imagine what people eat without carbs lol

Thank you!

Amy
Bf is half an avocado with celery and a thin slice of deli turkey

Lunch is avocado , some protein and chopped celery, scallions and some protein. Tossed in a bowl.. sometimes salad and topped with protein olive oil and avocado.

Dinner is avocado ( lol ) protein lettuce and steamed above ground veggies. Drizzled with olive oil.

Snacks are nuts or pumpkin seeds. Sometimes dark choco dipped in nut better. Olives.

Never ever root veggies , grains, pasta, rice etc. rockets bs and massive weight gain.

Bernstein talks about lower carb, lower insulin, lower chances or error. Works for me !!!