Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Interesting @Liam1955 - does this differ if using insulin?

Have been told as above to aim for between 5 and 7 fasting - no suggestions before meals - but under 10 at 2 hours after meals.

Having put on 5kg (from 75 to 80) since starting insulin at end of November - which endo and diabetic nurse seem to feel is quite normal - have been advised by dietician (who like me wasn't impressed!) to try reducing carbs to less than the 10-12 serves a day I'd been told to stick to and try to increase protein .
Just remember protein needs insulin too. I believe older people need the protein to counteract muscle wastage. I eat loads of protein, always have prefered it to sugar. Was told I have a very good heart but may have arteries blockage. Carbs damage a lot of our system. Keep them low. (Less insulin needed for low carb and low protein). I inject for protein more than carbs.

Reactions: JanetMcDowell
D

debrasue

Interesting @Liam1955 - does this differ if using insulin?

Have been told as above to aim for between 5 and 7 fasting - no suggestions before meals - but under 10 at 2 hours after meals.

Having put on 5kg (from 75 to 80) since starting insulin at end of November - which endo and diabetic nurse seem to feel is quite normal - have been advised by dietician (who like me wasn't impressed!) to try reducing carbs to less than the 10-12 serves a day I'd been told to stick to and try to increase protein .
Hi Sue - welcome to the forum. I'm tagging @daisy1 who will send you some information which should be of help to new members.