DE-Carb - probably too good to be true !

ditzeeblonde

I have just invested in the de-carb tablets & it lists how many tablets you take depending on how high carb yr meal is.

Meal Guide

High Carb meal 15g or above - take 3 tablets
Med Carb meal 6g-14g - take 2 tablets
Low Carb meal 0g-6g - take 1 tablet.

I have decided to use these to help with my carb cravings, weight loss & keeping my carb intake low. I have no idea if they will impact my blood sugars & after 2 days of using them there doesn't appear to have made any impact.

I'm using them as recently got diagnosed with high cholesterol & have been told to increase my carb intake & reduce my fat levels.

They're not cheap at £30 for 60 tablets but am willing to give it a shot.

be very interested to know if anyone else has had or is having success with them.

linzi. x

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
ditzeeblonde said:
High Carb meal 15g or above - take 3 tablets
Med Carb meal 6g-14g - take 2 tablets
Low Carb meal 0g-6g - take 1 tablet.

High Carb meal 15g!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: Are they being serious?

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
ditto Sid!

I would be interested to know how many carbs per day you were on before and how many you intend to have now - seems to me you won't be able to up them much, if at all - Did your GP say it would be ok to take them - just wondered if they clash with others meds such at met.

I do wish you the best of luck ditzee - and really do hope they work for you - seems a lot of expense - have you tried other ways of getting your chol down?

ditzeeblonde

lovinglife said:
ditto Sid!

I would be interested to know how many carbs per day you were on before and how many you intend to have now - seems to me you won't be able to up them much, if at all - Did your GP say it would be ok to take them - just wondered if they clash with others meds such at met.

I do wish you the best of luck ditzee - and really do hope they work for you - seems a lot of expense - have you tried other ways of getting your chol down?

I was on 20g carbs per day before & have upped to 50-70g per day. GP said they didn't think it would be a problem but to keep testing.

Have only recently been diagnosed with high cholesterol & apart from being given a prescription for statins & told to up my carbs & lower my fat I have had no other advice... already noticing an upward creep on my b/s tho. Used to stay steady at 5.5 & now I'm up to the 7's. x

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
ditzeeblonde said:
I was on 20g carbs per day before & have upped to 50-70g per day. GP said they didn't think it would be a problem but to keep testing.

Have only recently been diagnosed with high cholesterol & apart from being given a prescription for statins & told to up my carbs & lower my fat I have had no other advice... already noticing an upward creep on my b/s tho. Used to stay steady at 5.5 & now I'm up to the 7's. x

It seems shockingly expensive so I hope it works for you and I would hope that it is at least gold tinted if not gold plated at that price! :shock: Given the rise in BG level already it doesn't sound too promising.

What are you eating in the fat line that they have told you to cut out :?:

badmedisin

I might try it if I had type 2 cos I can't imagine a life without sushi! But pills that block absorption worry me. Partly because they probably stop absorption of valuable nutrients. But mostly because of ickiness. Like the pills that stop you absorbing fat - the fat comes out the other end as an orange oil. Sometimes accidentally. Too gross. So you end up having to totally cut out eating fat to avoid leakage. So it would have been easier in the first place just to eat a low fat diet and not spend a fortune on pills. Just wonder if this would have any similarly grim side effects!

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
badmedisin said:
Like the pills that stop you absorbing fat - the fat comes out the other end as an orange oil. Sometimes accidentally. Too gross. So you end up having to totally cut out eating fat to avoid leakage.

Too much info dude.

Gross. :shock: