Feeling sick ?

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone. I've been on LCHF for 3 years now and normally feel great.
Weight loss had stalled so I've been pushing to lose some more by staying under 20 carbs a day.
Weight still not moving but my BG has come down nicely. Even FBG in the 6's instead of 7's
Tonight I have started to feel sick.. took my BG.. 5.2
Half an hour later 4.7
These seem to be great readings so why do I feel sick ??
I don't normally go under 5 before my liver helps with a boost but that doesn't seem to be happening tonight ?

fletchweb

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Hi everyone. ...
I don't normally go under 5 before my liver helps with a boost but that doesn't seem to be happening tonight ?
Maybe you got a virus - after all it is cold/flu season in many parts of the world. It's funny because diabetes plays a big part of most of our lives and we sometimes forget we can still get hit with the mundane - like a cold, allergies, the flu etc. Hopefully that's all it is and you will be feeling fine again in relatively quick order.

debbiedoodles

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone. I've been on LCHF for 3 years now and normally feel great.
Weight loss had stalled so I've been pushing to lose some more by staying under 20 carbs a day.
Weight still not moving but my BG has come down nicely. Even FBG in the 6's instead of 7's
Tonight I have started to feel sick.. took my BG.. 5.2
Half an hour later 4.7
Are you really hungry? Sometimes I feel sick if I'm really hungry, this doesn't happen often on Lchf does it, but if I've drunk more alcohol and not eaten much I can go too low and have to eat toast. Only happened couple of times. Hope you feel better soon.

Reactions: daisyduck

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you really hungry? Sometimes I feel sick if I'm really hungry, this doesn't happen often on Lchf does it, but if I've drunk more alcohol and not eaten much I can go too low and have to eat toast. Only happened couple of times. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks .. No not at all hungry actually. I just had my usual night time cocoa with a glug of cream though and feeling a little better.

Reactions: debbiedoodles

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Could you be dehydrated? Going lower carb can cause that, maybe try having a glass of water - drinking it warm with a little lemon juice can help with a queasy tum.

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Resurgam I have had my usual big pint glass of water after my walk, but you have reminded me I have some lemon and ginger tea and that's good for sick feelings too :)

Reactions: Energize