Hba1c almost halved in 2 months

Inchindown

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Got the results of my blood tests yesterday and was told my hba1c level had fallen from 100 on diagnosis to 53. All other blood tests had results in the normal range.

This is just about 2 months after diagnosis so will include some high glucose levels I had before diagnosis as well as some high levels after diagnosis until I managed to get my BG levels under control as a result of following a reduced carb diet.

As I've also lost almost 10 kg since diagnosis, I'm pretty happy with the results. I'll not get my next review until June, so I'll have to stay strong and try to get the hba1c reading down a lot further.

Wish me luck.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got the results of my blood tests yesterday and was told my hba1c level had fallen from 100 on diagnosis to 53. All other blood tests had results in the normal range.

This is just about 2 months after diagnosis so will include some high glucose levels I had before diagnosis as well as some high levels after diagnosis until I managed to get my BG levels under control as a result of following a reduced carb diet.

As I've also lost almost 10 kg since diagnosis, I'm pretty happy with the results. I'll not get my next review until June, so I'll have to stay strong and try to get the hba1c reading down a lot further.

Wish me luck.

congratulation you are really doing a great job... wow !!!!

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin

Wish me luck.
That's just great. Looks like you are in in charge of your diabetes rather than diabetes being in charge of you. All you need to do is keep doing what you are doing and you should see your BG continue to improve.
Good luck. Keep at it.

les74

Type of diabetes
Type 2
#Inchindown Inspirational results! There seems to be some relationship bet weight loss and lower bg nos. The Newcastle research seemed to show the same. The unanswered question is Why? given that people with healthy weights develop T2!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
#Inchindown Inspirational results! There seems to be some relationship bet weight loss and lower bg nos. The Newcastle research seemed to show the same. The unanswered question is Why? given that people with healthy weights develop T2!

Even thin people can have visceral fat round their internal organs, particularly the liver, but no-one can see it. It is this that contributes eventually to T2.

@Inchindown big clap, gold medal, and well done! :)

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
#bluetit 1802 That could be the case just need evidence to confirm it. If removing visceral fat restores insulin production to normal that would be a major breakthrough towards a 'cure' ?
This is the premise of the Newcastle Diet, to deplete the visceral fat from the liver and pancreas, by loosing circa 15% of the original diagnostic weight. When weight loss is undertaken visceral fat goes before the subcutaneous fat we see on the outside (which is a massive positive). It's semantics, but cure implies a permanent fix for diabetes. "Reversal" for some might be more appropriate, as we a lapse in the regime diabetes will make an unwelcome return.

steveyp

Well done to you all. Being newly diagnosed thats very encouraging. Youre all helping to put my mind at rest. Thank you! Can I ask how many g carb are you all on?
Tracey

Reactions: Angelofthemarches

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done to you all. Being newly diagnosed thats very encouraging. Youre all helping to put my mind at rest. Thank you! Can I ask how many g carb are you all on?
Tracey

It may be better for you to start a thread of your own, or add it to your other thread. That way you will get more responses.:)