hypo symptoms

Amin22728

Understanding hypo symptoms of T1D is very crucial particularly when the patient had it for years.

I am T1D patient i have had for 10 years and i totally felt diffrent about how and what is the early symptoms. It has changed.

So your exprience and advice is very important for me i hope you will help me to do somthing

Thank you in advance
Amin T.

M

mist

How have your symptoms changed? Our bodies usually follow a pretty much predefined pattern in response to low blood sugars. My first symptom is nearly always a headache, followed by heart palpitations.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hypo symptoms can vary but here are some:

Sweating
Shaking
Tingling lips/face
Visual disturbances (double vision or 'blotches')
Feeling weak
Feeling confused
Struggling to speak or think properly

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Extreme hunger.
Cold sweat.
Blurred vision.
Tingling sensation face and fingers.
Inability to concentrate/ problem solve.
Finally a symptom I no longer have but did have when I first changed to novo rapid was a feeling of uncontrollable aggression, this was the most frightening of all.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I get a sudden urge to clean up. I've never been normal though.

I started a new job very shortly after dx and was still making a few hypo mistakes. Left a key at work and woke hypo one day to find the boss had come round and after calling for an ambulance he decided for whatever reason to start doing my dishes! Wished I'd left the ironing board out, he could've made a start on the shirts.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Understanding hypo symptoms of T1D is very crucial particularly when the patient had it for years.

I am T1D patient i have had for 10 years and i totally felt diffrent about how and what is the early symptoms. It has changed.

So your exprience and advice is very important for me i hope you will help me to do somthing

Thank you in advance
Amin T.

Amin, after being diabetic for a while, the body kind of gets used to hypos so some of the initial warning signs disappear so you end up dropping lower without realising it. There can still be symptoms but they are more subtle, for example I usually feel a lightness, and a tingling in my lips, but we're all different. Doctors usually recommend trying to run sugars a bit higher than normal, say 8 to 10 for a while to regain early warnings. Or just cheat and get a libre!